Drivers window motor fault

Tricey27

Hi.

I have a problem with my window motor, first it had a slight fault where if i wanted to open window i had to push it to give it initial movement then was fine. Although it only did this occasionally. Today i opened it then when i got to where i was going tried to close it and it had stopped working. I have stripped it all this afternoon and found that the mechanism is stiff at first but the motor is working fine. I am going to change brushes in motor as general service for it. Has anyone had this before and can it be solved by stripping mech and cleaninf? Cheers

I had similar problem with mine, stripped the door down, got to the motor, took the top off and gave it a damn good spray with electrical circuit spray, bought from Maplins and it's been as good as new ever since......and that was a year ago.

Hi guys sorry to hijack this.

My symptoms for my drivers window is that it still functions (raises and lowers via the switch) but the auto pinch feature when you open and close the door doesnt. The window instead of dropping 1cm drops about 1/3 of the way down instead and stays there. I can force this by holding the up switch for about 30sec and it stops at the top eventually.

Is this also the motor responsible?