Upgraded Clutch issues

Bustalyric

Hey guys

I have an 05 Z with 65k and upgraded my clutch and to a competition clutch stage 2 along with a single mass flywheel, the garage said it would take a day to install and they have now had my car for 4 days, they said the had problems with the peddle before and adjusting it and after for days they have now managed to install it, they rang me up and told me they have installed it but it's not working properly and keeps slipping, they are saying the clutch is not receiving enough pressure, I was under the impression it was a simple job, old clutch out new one in?

Im in a similar situation, where i need new a clutch possibly and am looking at the CC stage 2 with flywheel as well the JWT.

Where did you buy the parts from and does it come with the release bearing?

Are you also changing the Master/Slave Cylinder?

Finally which garage are you using, has the mechanic much experience with 350Z car?

https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=2223 (JWT Clutch on sale, shipped from US)

This site also sells the competition clutch you got, aswell as lines, Zspeed Master, and Slave.

Yes the garage is fine with Z 's but they have always fitted standard clutches, and reading other posts now found that is a common issue with upgraded clutches, the master cylinder does not provide enough pressure, so I will now be changing the master/slave and clutch line to a braided one.

The garage charged me £250 for the labour

and I paid £550 delivered for the clutch and single mass flywheel from a supplier called conceptua, speak to either chris or tom.

hope that helps.

shehzad

@bustalyric; have you actually tested the clutch while the car is in the garage. While you may actually have the same issue like Darmoz it just sounds to me like your garage don't know how to bleed the clutch properly(it's a it tricky and can challenge any mechanic who is not trained on the zed) assuming the hydraulics was touched by the garage. Otherwise they have fitted something wrong.

Did you change the release bearing too?

Look at Darmoz post for my suggestions and feel free to pm me if you need any help.

My Thread is here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/98082-2004-clutch-pedal-issue-slave-rulled-out-as-fault/page__hl__clutch

Thanks for the recommendation i have found their ebay store here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/conceptua-tuning

Will take a look at their products and pricing now.

Good Luck with your clutch job, hopefully the master/slave/braided lines should finish the job can you enjoy your new performance clutch :)

It was definitely the master cylinder which was the issue the rod wasn't long enough, after fitting the one I ordered along with the slave the car is driveable again, only problem I have now is that it's really loud upto 2000 rpm, and biting point is rough, is that normal? Or do I just have to put up with it till the break in of the new clutch, I would like to add it's defo more responsive, it's hard to get into 5th and 6th tho.

The person I spoke to at the garage quoted me wrong and they only charged me £50 for cmc and csc change.

Single mass fly wheels always "rattle" at low revs I'm afraid.

Why go for single mass then?

Sounds very wrong to change it for something that will rattle. I'd hate a rattle at low revs.

Single mass fly wheels always "rattle" at low revs I'm afraid.

Why go for single mass then?

Sounds very wrong to change it for something that will rattle. I'd hate a rattle at low revs.

Performance

#teamtarmac

• Like 2

SMFs do not dampen the transmission noise from the idler gear so a bit of noise is acceptable.

Adjusting your driving style should eliminate most the noise.

The issue with 5th and 6th gear is simply an adjustment required to the shifter plate.

Go back to your garage who should not have released the car with a gear shift issue.

Alex. :)

• Like 1

SMFs do not dampen the transmission noise from the idler gear so a bit of noise is acceptable.

Adjusting your driving style should eliminate most the noise.

The issue with 5th and 6th gear is simply an adjustment required to the shifter plate.

Go back to your garage who should not have released the car with a gear shift issue.

Alex. :)

As Alex has said, adjust your driving style and you'll almost not notice it, hardly know mine's there now.

Lol ill gladly rev it more fuel is not a issue, and Alex I only popped down to the garage for a test drive after they fit the new master, hopefully get the car back Tuesday when it's all ready to go, especially if the noise is normal on a smf, might just have to get a louder exhaust to cover it.