Cost effective induction kit (£17 )

Macnore

The other end is not connected (blanked) its probably to do with changing the induction noise, same as you get on some exhaust test pipes.

Even has its own bolt to stop it flapping around as can be seen in the picture.

Edited by evilscorp

Never seen it fitted like that before. Should be positioned underneath the intake tube, not there..

That's what I think.

I'm almost positive that pipe should be connected to the PCV on the passenger crankcase, ...I wonder if there is anything on the passenger crankcase or if it's just venting to atmosphere now. :dry:

Either way I can't see anything to be gained from doing that at all. :wacko::shrug:

Had a few drinks and about to head to the pub,084-7.jpg

Its a molded plastic pipe that is not connected to anything. End of :lol:

As for the fleebay air filter, I give it a couple months before it rusts. :blush:

There will be another flexi hose connected to the crankcase under the pipe same as you UK spec guys (I think, but as above mine is now attached to a oil catch can and breather filter.) Apart from this random pipe and exhaust I think the rest of the engine is the same JDM vs UK

Edited by evilscorp

Like others have mentioned good effort but can't be good long term. Secondly air flow in the engine is not as you think. The front bumper air is high pressure which in theory should forrce the air up into your pipe but because it's not ducting directly into the filter or an airtight box like OEM it does eff all because the vents and design of the engine under tray and the diversion plates around the radiator creates negative pressure which sucks air out of the engine so though some air gets up the pipe little of it gets into the filter and the filter has a combo of swirling hot and cool air.

That's why the OEM box intake is placed out of the engine bay and why the OEM nismo v2 bumper comes with the scoop which connect into the airbox intake.

The 2006 OEM airbox is best with a high quality filter as has been dyno proven many time. All the short CAI like the pop charger just make a good sound and blow hot air. If you want your design to work then than intake pipe has to come all the way to the front and get a good quality filter for it. You may also want to consider an anti hydro lock over filter for rainy weather.

By the time you do this properly you may as well buy the nismo, Injen, AEM etc long CAI for the same money.

• Like 1