Gamers, computer techs help please. Re: PS3 online games issue

Thought I'd post this in here just to see if any fellow gamers or computer techs can help me with this please.

I have a PS3 and my game of choice is "COD:Advanced Warfare".

A few days ago I started getting a problem with playing online as when I go to play online in most of the game modes (E.g. Team Death Match, Kill confirmed etc) it says "No games found".

Now I can find a game but it's usually a game mode I don't want to play like "Hardcore Team Death Match" or similar so I can't play the standard modes I want to. Millions of people play this game worldwide so I know there are games available. :dry:

My Nat Type is 2 which is a "moderate" setting and that's the same as it's always been. The only thing that's changed just recently is AOL are now Talk Talk but I can't see that making a difference as I still have the same internet access, wifi router, IP address etc.

Any ideas or anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks for any input. :thumbs:

Firstly I'm walking the dog so apologies for typos etc in advance :)

I know you said your NAT type has always been moderate but id try resolving that by either setting up port forwarding or putting your console in the DMZ.

Secondly there could be an issue with the PSN or even the game you're playing.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Fodder. :)

Ok so what I've done now is added my PS3 IP address to the router DMZ ~ I now have Nat Type 2 but "open" instead of "moderate" which it used to be.

Went onto the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game and tried to play "Kill Confirmed" from the standard playlists but it still says; no games found. :angry::thumbdown:

I don't think it's an issue with PSN or the COD game otherwise I'd be able to find news about it online. I've obviously tried the easiest things first like resetting the router and checking all my settings.

Not sure what "port forwarding" is but if it helps I'm willing to try it or would it help if I got an ethernet cable and just plugged that in instead of using wireless connection?

Any pointers appreciated. :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply Fodder. :)

Ok so what I've done now is added my PS3 IP address to the router DMZ ~ I now have Nat Type 2 but "open" instead of "moderate" which it used to be.

Went onto the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game and tried to play "Kill Confirmed" from the standard playlists but it still says; no games found. :angry::thumbdown:

I don't think it's an issue with PSN or the COD game otherwise I'd be able to find news about it online. I've obviously tried the easiest things first like resetting the router and checking all my settings.

Not sure what "port forwarding" is but if it helps I'm willing to try it or would it help if I got an ethernet cable and just plugged that in instead of using wireless connection?

Any pointers appreciated. :thumbs:

Wired is always better than wireless :thumbs:

Yes I thought it would be. :thumbs:

The thing that's strange though is I have never had a problem like this before Dave and the PS3 has always been setup for wireless use. :dry:

Have there been any PS3 software updates recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I thought it would be. :thumbs:

The thing that's strange though is I have never had a problem like this before Dave and the PS3 has always been setup for wireless use. :dry:

Have there been any PS3 software updates recently?

Not in the last month or so that I can think of and I checked that I have the latest version the other day.

The only update that has happened though was for the COD game itself when they added another DLC map package but I believe the problems I had started a few days after that (I think) so if it was that I would have thought the issue would have happened as soon as the update happened.

Looking at getting an ethernet cable now to see if that improves things.

I would put the game save on a memory stick and reinstall the game too

How would that help Dave?

Sorry not 100% computer savvy so just wondered.

In theory it shouldn't, but... you never know, updates can sometimes cause all sorts of issues, just a simple enough thing to try so thought I would mention it

I would put the game save on a memory stick and reinstall the game too

How would that help Dave?

Sorry not 100% computer savvy so just wondered.

In theory it shouldn't, but... you never know, updates can sometimes cause all sorts of issues, just a simple enough thing to try so thought I would mention it

Well I did what you said Dave and saved my game data to a memory stick, ...then re-installed the game.

Took about 30 minutes to do and now it's working again. :yahoo:

Thank you so much Dave. :thumbs:

Would not have tried that unless you said but so glad I did now as all is working great again. Finds something like 30-40 games for me to chose from in each match type. :teeth:

Thanks Fodder too for your input about the DMZ ~ sure that helped too. ;)

Oh and stick to wired, my ethos is if it is mobile like a phone etc then WIFI, if it stays in one place like a console or a PC then it should be wired :p

Will definitely sort out an ethernet for it soon.

Just means running 10 metres or so of cable so I guess it's not a big deal really and should improve my gaming speed too. Thanks again. :thumbs:

I've just ordered a 20m HDMI so I can play my PS4 in both rooms, and use it as a BluRay for both TVs too :lol:

That's the great thing about the PS3 & PS4 I think, ...even if you're not using it for games it's still a great quality machine with BluRay, internet access & more.

My mate in work has the old PS3 (fat machine) and also his young lad has the newer slim PS3 so he was going to sell the other one. He looked on eBay and quickly realised that they were selling in some cases for £20-£30. :wacko: You can't buy a BluRay player for that I'm sure so I said he should keep it just for that.

It's now in his living room as his BluRay player & internet access for his TV. B)

Glad you're all sorted GM. Nothing quite so frustrating even when you do understand the tech. Good shout SMD, surprising how often that fix is a last resort and it working.... Mind you the last thing anyone tries should be the fix :lol:

If possible I would keep your NAT type to open, some games matching don't like anything less or certainly drop the chances of you getting into a "good" game. However Open should be type 1 so not sure why yours says type 2.

Anyway you're up and running so happy shooting :thumbs:

• Like 1

Glad it worked, sometimes the easiest or simplest thing works best ;)

I consider myself a PS Guru, have had every single one since the first, I used to chip and repair PS2 & 2's back in the day too, happy days :)

great fix! B)

I have all 4 ps setup in my living room, gonna go home play cod right now I think. :teeth:

Glad you're all sorted GM. Nothing quite so frustrating even when you do understand the tech. Good shout SMD, surprising how often that fix is a last resort and it working.... Mind you the last thing anyone tries should be the fix :lol:

If possible I would keep your NAT type to open, some games matching don't like anything less or certainly drop the chances of you getting into a "good" game. However Open should be type 1 so not sure why yours says type 2.

Anyway you're up and running so happy shooting :thumbs:

Cheers Fodder.

Was very frustrating but all good now and my Nat Type for COD says "Open" so I was finding tons of games last night with no issues at all. :D

great fix! B)

I have all 4 ps setup in my living room, gonna go home play cod right now I think. :teeth:

If you're on PS3 chips ad me as a friend if you like ~ same name as on here. ;)

If not & you've the PS4 well just enjoy your gaming. :thumbs:

Glad it worked, sometimes the easiest or simplest thing works best ;)

I consider myself a PS Guru, have had every single one since the first, I used to chip and repair PS2 & 2's back in the day too, happy days :)

great fix! B)

I'm not really in to retro gaming, each console has substantially bettered the previous one, I have tried emulators but get bored after a couple of minutes...

but retro's huge! I spent hours on it the other month when I found some 1942, frogger and galaga reproductions. 'substanitally bettered' is a very simple way to see it. new=better?

know a few people who have been lucky enough to get some themselves.

I just can't afford one! similary with that there are so many guys who have pushed up the prices of the 70's and 80's cars in the last decade these old time favourites aren't cheap at all any more. I also wouldn't apply that analogy to the cars either.

Oh and stick to wired, my ethos is if it is mobile like a phone etc then WIFI, if it stays in one place like a console or a PC then it should be wired :p

Will definitely sort out an ethernet for it soon.

Just means running 10 metres or so of cable so I guess it's not a big deal really and should improve my gaming speed too. Thanks again. :thumbs:

Take a look at powerline adapters if you don't want to run cable through the house... I use them for a few of my wired bits of kit!

• Like 1