Silver GT Edition - is that an actual thing?!

James Junior

Hi guys,

I am on the lookout for a new car and quite fancied a GT Edition Z.

I noticed that a silver one has come up near me.

However, I am scratching my head because as far as I know the GT Editions only came in black and white.

This silver one has the GT Edition decals down the sills but has 'normal' silver wheels.

Could it be real, or just a normal silver car with the decals added afterwards do you think?

I normally hate silver cars, but actually think it looks quite well. Would look even nicer with a few bits wrapped in black to contrast.

I am no Z offionado so can any of you crafty veterans give me a steer?

http://www.autotrade...matic?logcode=p

Edited by James Junior

Doesn't say "GT Edition" anywhere in the advert just "GT" which it is so I'm guessing someone just added the decals afterwards as they liked them.

Look's pretty nice to me. ;)

I'm no 370Z expert though so let's see what the general consensus is. :thumbs:

GT Edition = Kuro Black, Pearl White and of course the best one - Black Rose :thumbs:

Yellow GT?

Yellow was exclusive to the (discontinued) GT Ultimate.

As said above, the link is to a GT pack car on which somebody has stuck a GT Edition decal.

Rough guide below (off the top of my head so may be slightly out on some of the dates):

> Base - No boot spoiler, 18 inch wheels, no synchro rev match (not many people bought one)

> GT pack - The car most people have, so effectively the standard 370Z - available throughout the 370's lifecycle - various (mostly minor) tweaks over time - most significant revision was the Connect Premium sat nav from 2010

> GT Ultimate - GT pack (as it was in 2009) with an orange interior - available in various standard colours and yellow (2009 only - now discontinued)

> Roadster - Essentially a convertible GT pack (2010/2013 - now discontinued)

> Black/40th Anniversay Edition - GT pack with added dark Rays, red interior, number plaque on strut brace - only available in black and quartz - (the first 370 to get Connect Premium sat nav) (2010 only - total of 370 released in Europe - now discontinued)

> GT Edition - GT pack with added reversing camera, minor suspension and sound insulation improvements, dark colour Rays alloys, GT Edition decal - only three colours (as per post above) (2011/12 - now discontinued)

> Nismo Mk1 - (see dedicated threads for info - main differences from other 370s - various suspension enhancements, Nismo body kit, Rays Nismo specific alloys, retuned for (small) hike in power, Nismo exhaust (2013/14 - now discontinued)

> Nismo Mk2 - (main changes from Mk1 Nismo - revised body kit, redesigned wheels, Recaro seats) (2015-)

Bear in mind that dealers sometimes confuse GT pack with the GT edition in their adverts.

Edited by sipar69