Long Exposure Shots This Evening

fendz

Love doing long exposure shots and yours look pretty good. B);)

Tbh though you really need to go somewhere with a lot more lights & traffic to really make it an impressive shot. Even a high street or something can look pretty impressive when taken in low light with a long exposure. Also use a tripod if you're not as it will help eliminate that slight blur in the last pic I think. :thumbs:

I'm still learning with my camera,

Just want to know if this is correct (Trying to work out how this is done)

Is this when you set the shutter time? So you 'click the button' hold camera in postision for said time, then after said time picture is taken with everything that happened in the past time since clicking the button? :lol:

If that makes sense.

Is this when you set the shutter time? So you 'click the button' hold camera in postision for said time, then after said time picture is taken with everything that happened in the past time since clicking the button? :lol:

If that makes sense.

Sort of yes.

Basically the shutter speed is slower (longer duration) so it stays open for longer. That's why you get the cool effect of the light trails from things like moving cars etc whilst still keeping your "car" or whatever's standing still in front of the camera in focus nicely.

I've done it with fireworks in the past which gave me some fantastic shots considering it was just in my garden. Although pictures of moving cars & star lit night sky's is a much more interesting shot for me. ;)

If that makes sense.

Sort of yes.

Basically the shutter speed is slower (longer duration) so it stays open for longer. That's why you get the cool effect of the light trails from things like moving cars etc whilst still keeping your "car" or whatever's standing still in front of the camera in focus nicely.

I've done it with fireworks in the past which gave me some fantastic shots considering it was just in my garden. Although pictures of moving cars & star lit night sky's is a much more interesting shot for me. ;)

So can it be controlled by the focus point? I.e. anything around the focus point blurs out?

Or is it the entire shot, and anything moving gets caught?

If that makes sense.

Sort of yes.

So can it be controlled by the focus point? I.e. anything around the focus point blurs out?

Or is it the entire shot, and anything moving gets caught?

Anything that moves within shot will blur.......you'll need a tripod if the shutter is open for a couple of secs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...