Bank Holiday Bath

Stutopia

So with a spare weekday laying around, I got up, put on my detailing pants (2000 grit gusset to keep you smooth :lol: ) opened the curtains and... rain :( Meteo projected a two hour weather window between 12 and 2, so I waited and watched. Usually I'd find something else to do but I'm busy the next three days and with a light hoon last weekend there was a kilo of brake dust on the wheels and an inch of GTR exhaust grime on the front which I have been desperate to shift all week.

Eventually the rain stopped and it almost looked like a clean car.

6136f1a8-b765-4228-adf5-458b2814213f_zpsr3etggfv.jpg

But last week's brake dust was definitely under there and...

IMG_5582_zpst4deliie.jpg

... you can see those run lines that form on the haunches of a zed when it's been out in the wet for a spin.

IMG_5593_zpsiyebmu2u.jpg

A quick spritz with AMMO Plum Wheel Cleaner and then a once over woolie job with Envy Evolution wheel cleaner and there was a pleasant purple foamy pool on the floor and...

IMG_5597_zpsltmpbett.jpg

...an immacutale wheel underneath. These two products are nailed on brilliant. I won't be dabbling anymore on wheel cleaner, except what's in a WaxyBox.

IMG_5600_zpsxqc0s6rx.jpg

Immacualte, if you ignore the crap they did't remove from the wheel weights when they were balanced :rant:

The run lines were still there after "snow foaming". I've used quotes as the foam was a mix of some envy shampoo and meguiars hyper wash nearly dead bottles I was using up, not a proper snow foam.

IMG_5599_zpsxuzcfluo.jpg

A proper TBW later and they were history.

The more I use Envy Shampoo, the more I like it. It's got great lubricity, cuts through grime, suds well, smells fine and leaves protection alone - perfect. (Fake beads used to check for run lines).

IMG_5604_zps7vujgm72.jpg

All dried off and I was set to hit her with some sealant and perform a very rare waxing, but then this happened :(

IMG_5607_zpsnrhu6jed.jpg

Usually there's a tower there, not just precipitation :( It did allow for a couple of fresh beads to form though :)

Still beading on three week old Gyeon WetCoat, topped with AMMO Hydrate drying aid a couple of weeks ago, no QD or wax on here for months.

IMG_5610_zpspxkw35o3.jpg

Not got a final photo of the washed Shark as I was getting soaked and I'm hoping it might stop in bit and I can finish the job properly and lay down some more protection.

For no reason at all, other than I like it, gratuitous sexy Rays Engineering shot.

IMG_5603_zpsqpr4xzds.jpg

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 4

Rays came up great. B)

Miss mine a little, ...if only I could have got the same style Rays in 19". :dry:

They're such a great wheel, they look good and they weigh nothing. It's a shame the offset isn't a bit more agressive as stock. I'd love to buy some other Rays for her, but for that kind of money you could have a track tart :lol:

• Like 1

It never got dry enough for long enough to add some protection, but I did get 20 minutes of dry with fading light to clean up the tips :)

Whatever anyone tries to tease you with, never stray from the Britemax Metal Twins. Before and afters :teeth:

Left_zps3q2jcg7a.png

Right_zpsgxwcpob0.png

Both done :)

IMG_5623_zpsl0omoxpw.jpg

• Like 1