Another banana arm thread

terry06

My car has developed a very annoying squeak from passenger side front wheel area when driving over small bumps/rough ground. The noise is getting worse and worse :rant:

Prime suspect is banana arm bush as when I apply the brakes the squeaking stops, but I have a couple of questions before ordering a new one...

I was under the impression that a worn banana arm bush produces a knock rather than a squeak and only occurs at low speed, where as the squeaking occurs up to about 40 on crap roads!

Is there anything else I should be looking at? Maybe ARB drop links?

Anything else it could be?

Obviously I will get under the car and check everything but I thought I would get your expert opinions to point me in the right direction and hopefully save some time.

Sorry for bringing up one of the most common topics, but I couldn't find anything that matches my exact problem :surrender:

Thanks for the reply. Had a look/listen at the video but mine doesn't sound like that. It occurs as frequently but it really is a squeak not a knocking sound. I will try and get a vid of it asap and see what people suggest.

I had this and it eventually dissapeared, used to make the noise when the car was cold in the winter and go when it warmed up and now it's gone completely. I upgraded the drop links when I changed my ARBs and it was still there after so wasn't them on mine.

I had this and it eventually dissapeared, used to make the noise when the car was cold in the winter and go when it warmed up and now it's gone completely. I upgraded the drop links when I changed my ARBs and it was still there after so wasn't them on mine.

Hmm well hopefully I can get to the bottom of it. I haven't noticed any change whether it's cold or warm. It is slightly concerning me how bad it's getting now. I will test the drop links tomorrow (hopefully) and go from there

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...