Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 22nd September 2019

TimC

I am still here as well, things will go quiet in the winter till the spring. My car is off the road now a bit earlier than I expected, engine problems. Still got a knocking noise which appears to be coming from top right of engine bay. Got a couple of possibles from stretch he'd timing chain to fuel dampers but I am expecting the worse so it can only get better. Looks like a garage job as I don't want to any damage by me keep running it and trying to sort it myself. Should be able to get it fixed through the winter ready for next year.

I'm still here!!!! Occasionally. Haha. Just with winter not as much.

Timc how is the car now?

Jimmy how r u doing. Haven't seen the car about. Maybe if weather permitting. We could all have a Xmas meet somewhere. A nice drink and maybe food.

Sounds like a good idea, December can get a bit busy but I'm sure we can find a date. I would most likely have to bring my shed though :(

Thats @*!# news Tim sorry to here that

Yea its a real pain but it can be fixed at hopefully not too great a cost. Everything was running so well, still hopeful it may not be too bad.

I am still here as well, things will go quiet in the winter till the spring. My car is off the road now a bit earlier than I expected, engine problems. Still got a knocking noise which appears to be coming from top right of engine bay. Got a couple of possibles from stretch he'd timing chain to fuel dampers but I am expecting the worse so it can only get better. Looks like a garage job as I don't want to any damage by me keep running it and trying to sort it myself. Should be able to get it fixed through the winter ready for next year.

I know a good nissan garage!

I know a good nissan garage!

Nissan garage labour rates always frighten me, £2000-3000 bills for engine work seem common when users post from there experience. It may not be anything really serious but worst case scenario is timing chain stretched with tensioner damage and/or lifters damaged/blocked. I really hope its fuel dampers noisey with knocking noise travelling, seems funny the loudest place when listening with screwdriver is on top of plenum. Also the cracking noise I heard first with lumpy idling may possibly have come from exhaust not engine, last time I started it there was a crack from exhaust like a backfire. Have your mechaniacs had any experience of this type of fault on a 350?

Have you done any more mods James, Tim have you taken your car to see anyone yet?

Not yet but I have spoke to the owner of a garage at Ludhamwho was highly recommended who seems to know what he is talking about with this type of problem and the way forward to identify and fix. He has a mechanic who has worked on performance cars with engine work but not 350's. He can pick the car up and have a look at it, so at the moment Im thinking that may be best course of action. Just worried that starting it and me trying to identify it myself could be causing possible damage if the chain lifters are damaged or out of sequence.

Car is off road till spring anyway so no real hurrry to get it done but sooner I know what the problem is I can stop worrying its the the worst thing.

Got my black door handles today :)

And where are the photos ;)

I got a new bumper. It's arrived back today all new and painted after previous owners body's hop did a crap job on it. Hopefully fitting it tomo. Photos to follow after fitting and full detail

And where are the photos ;) oh tomorrow :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • TimC changed the title to Next Norfolk-Yarmouth Mini Meet 22nd September 2019