Not a good week.

glrnet

Make an official complaint to the Police, too many times they are not interested and it Is not good enough. Make an official complaint and an inspector should eventually call at your house to interview you. Ask why they refuse to follow it up when you have cctv footage, what time and if scrote reported his car stolen, was scrotes car returned to his driveway or found burnt out, was there evidence of theft on scrotes car like broken windows or damaged locks. Then if you are not happy with his replies then politely inform him that you are taking it to the local MP, the Courier and the Police Authority.

• Like 1

Yep, rattle a few bars and cause some noise in a polite but official manner and see if you can get answers in writing. This sort of thing needs to be pushed through and not ignored just because you can claim on your own insurance. You should`nt have to.

Hit and run is an offence - AC10: Failure to Stop After an Accident. As such the police should act.

Punishments range from imposing 5 - 10 penalty points, disqualification, fines of between £1,000 to £5,000 or even six months imprisonment. In cases involving serious injury or death, far more punitive measures can be administered.

Hence my understanding is that the police have a duty to follow up on cases not reported by the offender within 24 hours -- PERIOD!

Does not work like that my car was hit on the 22 dec after 3 months the Police have informed me that they are taking no action against the driver who hit and and drove off.

I am lucky 3 people saw it happen and his insurance company have Just admitted liability so the damage will be fixed soon i hope.

But it seems to much bother for the police to charge him i will give them the credit of coming to my house to tell me to my face they are letting him off with a Stearn warning but it will not stop him doing it again ....

Grrr this makes me so angry, All the idiot drivers were out yesterday. Had 2 near death experiences. Hope you get it sorted soon & that karma catches up with the MF who did it.

Lots out today too absolutely lashing down,cars were flying past me on the motorway, and I wasn't exactly hanging about either!

Sorry Papa & even more so Gudzy, so many total idiots about...