alloy welding

nissanman312

Just an idea but failing finding anyone to weld them up could you not just fabricate two small metal plates to bolt over the holes with some gasket sealant sandwiched between the two to stop any leaks.

Might be a job for the Zed shed (try a PM to Keyser or Buster if that's what you decide). :thumbs:

• Like 1

Just an idea but failing finding anyone to weld them up could you not just fabricate two small metal plates to bolt over the holes with some gasket sealant sandwiched between the two to stop any leaks.

Might be a job for the Zed shed (try a PM to Keyser or Buster if that's what you decide). :thumbs:

cheers guys

^^^ come time to sell give's you a bigger market, or if you go turbo.

very true

i just wasnt sure how it sits im thinking the holes sit outside the sump area then?

sorry for my lack of savy on this stuff

The whole engine is sealed by a big gasket and that's pumping oil round at much bigger pressures than what's sitting in the sump ;)

It'll be fine, and as said it's a much better idea than just welding them shut.

• Like 1

The whole engine is sealed by a big gasket and that's pumping oil round at much bigger pressures than what's sitting in the sump ;)

It'll be fine, and as said it's a much better idea than just welding them shut.

cheers dan i think ill hand it all over to litchfeild and let them do what they see best