Fitted Tein springs and now have strange noises!

Matt_182

Just fitted myself today however seem to get a strange bobbly spring feeling when turning under acceleration? Also an occasional metallic pinging type noise when turning on full lock.

Car drives fine in a straight line as it did before...

No pics I'm afraid, I was going to take some to make a guide but it chucked it down with rain!

I'll have the aligned sorted next week and see if it helps. I think spring judder under acceleration/cornering on the drivers side prbly explains it best.

It was however a nice experience working on it today, I'm used to French cars!

Might just need some time to bed in as you've just done it today. I had a strange metallic pinging noise when I first fitted my Berk HFCs under full acceleration, after a few weeks it disappeared completely. I know it's not exactly the same as springs but might need bedding in all the same.

• Like 1

I think spring judder under acceleration/cornering on the drivers side prbly explains it best.

Doesn't sound good :surrender: I've had some bad suspension setups before but spring judder? I know you should roll the car back and forward and leave for a day to settle down to its new height, did you go for a spirited drive straight after fitting, this maybe why.

Rears are fine, checked both before putting it back together and both sit as they should.

I've only driven a few miles, also fitted new discs so I wasn't pressing on at any time.

I'll see how they feel tomorrow and report back, hopefully they do need to settle a little.