The 2015 MotoGP Chat Thread.

14N

The bikes are back this weekend folks! :yahoo:

The four wheeled lot have got their own chat thread, so here's a thread for fans of Motorsport with the correct number of wheels. :teeth:

MotoGP (Plus Moto2 and Moto3 naturally).:)

Discuss....

• Like 2

F027A20D-4ECE-4601-B21A-77E4DCD06512_zpsweqf6fjq.jpg

I know it's 'only' FP3 but the results are interesting and also positive ahead of qualifying. A confident Cal is a fast Cal. Those new Ducati's are mighty quick and the Yam's are struggling a little still it would appear.

Plus it's good to see Suzuki back in the paddock. And the return of Melandri shall hopefully see the return of his missus too :lol:

I can't get interested in the 3 class race that gp has become.

Could even say this year has gone to being 4 class with factory ducati given a special break cos they're so crap.

Having all these classes means they now got the numbers up and avoid being a 5 bike race.

So it kind of means the racing is fairly well fixed.

I find Moto 3 the best watchable for racing excitement and moto2 being on standard equipment so I tune out when the gp guys race as it normally looks like a continuation of their qualifying.

WSB is good for having the manufacturer count of the top class of bikes and being up there as fast as gp.

BSB has a good format as well so I try watch that one where I can.

In other news, C.S. is back! Doing the Suzuka 8!!! Maybe if gp gets it s#!t together he'll let them have him back....

Wow, what a season opener!! Moto3 was as close as ever, wuth Danny Kent standing on a well deserved podium.

Really felt for Sam in Moto2, but seeing Zarco drifting over towards pit wall...... OMG!! :scare:

An interesting MotoGP, but the early rounds often throw eye-brow-raising results as new teams find their feet with new tech and bikes, with other riders on track too.

Damn that Duke looks good. And they say they're not bothered about losing the 2 litre fuel advantage when the time (possibly inevitably) comes.

Got the making of a good season :thumbs:

Chips, I do agree with your WSBK and BSB comments. I do think the superbikes at world and national level offer awesome racing. And the BSB series is one of the best, that's why we get so many overseas riders in the series.

Can't wait to see Casey at Suzuka. I do miss him on the GP grid. I think the sport does.

Can't watch at home - stupid Sky, they'll get nothing from me.

Great start to Cal, 1st of the non factory prototypes. Keep up the good work!

Nice start for the Ducati guys, both are quality riders and Dovi showed last year he can do it without any handicap needed. That 20% extra fuel allowance shouldn't really make too much difference I hope, esp as it's more the front end feeling they've all been complaining about since the 800 days and not a problem with power and speed.

Just had to get a ticket for Goodwood FOS, will see the winner of round 1 there!

VR46 will be hill climbing on the Sunday, CS27 is there too!

and also not to mention a few other bike guys will be there...:

John Surtees, Jim Redman, Giacomo Agostini, Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer.

all star!

Great to see the Ducatis up the sharp end again, more so for the whole race and not fading with tyre issues, looks like they have been working hard, lets hope they stay there and get amongst the 4 aliens, which seemingly has become 3 as Danni has retired with immediate effect until he can sort his arm pump issues.

I think from memory the top 20 bikes were covered by a second after qualifying so couldnt care less about the different classes, the grid is full, Suzuki are back thanks to the new system so I would say its working well, we still get great racing up front and some excellent battles mid field to watch if your at the race.

220 mph for Marquez :surrender:

yeah the grid is full, that was the whole purpose of it, otherwise it would have been the last few years and still would be a 4 bike race- unsustainable and not tv-able which is what it's all about.

I just took a look at results on the motogp site.

The results are factory prototypes + ducati prototypes with their advantage making up top 6.

then the factory seconds guys + suzuki prototypes(1st year in so not fully expected to be up there)

then they don't even list the remaining crt guys who were there to make up the numbers.

Edited by chips

Well Ducati had made a brand new bike from scratch since the 2008 when they enter 800 cc bikes. This bike is the best of Honda and Yamaha. Engine layout and position is quite similar to Honda design exhaust and other few fetures are taken from Yamaha. Seamless gearbox. It took them quite time to leave the philosophy they where chasing all this year's and which only worked in combo with Stoner and Bridgestone providing special tyre for Ducati. After that all was just chaos once they start using tyre which was same for all manufacturers. Unfortunately after that era with Stoner not even Rossi can make it with bike which is uncompetitive.

Again now after Audi bought Ducati and under German authority and financial injection and force of abandoning idea of bike which is not working they are back where they belong. Also important thing is GP15 bike doesn't have many testing kilometers behind it. So the bike was actually still in Qatar in phase of development and tunes. Bearing this in mind and regarding advantages they have this year for development i think they could have the fastest bike around. Enough was to see top speed over strait comparing to Yamaha. I think they are on really good path to be in top

Edited by Snjur

yeah VR can talk crap.

but in this case it's true.

Dovi is the most experienced rider out there of the 1000's. : Honda factory, Yamaha for Herve and then put the Duc up there a couple times last year and so why this year does he get a concession????

Everyone is faster on the straight then Yam, think Marquez had the top speed of 220. Dukes have always been fast top end, nothing new there. According to the press when Rossi jumped on Stoners bike to test when he came back to the pits he said, whatever you were paying him wasnt enough, gives a clue to how well Stoner managed on the bike.

Perhaps the concessions arent right, we are one race into the season, with a long straight, lets see how it pans out where that extra fuel/speed wont possibly be a factor.

Wow. If the race is anything like Q2, I can't wait. Marquez on his #2 bike, on the 'wrong' front tyre and admittedly out of control still sticks it on [censored for those that haven't seen it] place.

Wow. If the race is anything like Q2, I can't wait. Marquez on his #2 bike, on the 'wrong' front tyre and admittedly out of control still sticks it on [censored for those that haven't seen it] place.

Not forgetting running 100 metres down pit lane to collect said number 2 bike ;)

• Like 1

I just marvel at how his brain must work. The end of pit lane (and the end of pit lane wall) was only about 10 metres away, maybe even less. 99% of us would of probably run to the end of the wall and entered pit lane that way. Effectively running 120m instead of 100.

But not Marquez. He lifts himself up and over pit wall because it was quicker and the clock was ticking. :notworthy::clap:

However mature for 21 MM is, that was just bad judgement. I know its easy to sit in my chair and say, should have just settled for 2nd, but with Rossi closing taking up to .5 a sec a lap out surely you would realise your fighting a loosing battle on the softer tyre particularly.

Strange tyre choice too, equally as quick on the yellow but choose the red which was on the temp limit?

Whats up with George, lost the plot because Rossi is beating him do you think?

• Like 1