Going for an MPG record....!

marzman

Crikey Kuro- impressive!

Filled up to the brim, my DTE will say ive got over 400miles, but I usually fill up before light comes on.

mpg on mine sits at 26-27mpg, which I think is pretty good for such a big engine. As for seeing how many miles I can get from a tank...im not that restrained!

I never fill my car up for a number of reasons.

Firstly, if stolen it can be driven further

Secondly, what is the point of going for super light wheels and other weight saving carbon components and then sticking approximately 60kg (based on 80 litre tank) worth of weight in the fuel tank. Unefficient too as you are shipping around dead weight and not helping mpg.

Secondly, what is the point of going for super light wheels and other weight saving carbon components and then sticking approximately 60kg (based on 80 litre tank) worth of weight in the fuel tank. Unefficient too as you are shipping around dead weight and not helping mpg.

Because i drive my car on a road not a track :p

The DTE is a bit shaky, it doesn't seem to go below 20 for me, it simply displays a " ---- " - which is a tad alarming :)

This is the moment that I start to seriously begin looking for a garage and ignore their prices.

fuel.jpg

I did 60 miles on the --------- in my zed ;)

The DTE is a bit shaky, it doesn't seem to go below 20 for me, it simply displays a " ---- " - which is a tad alarming :)

This is the moment that I start to seriously begin looking for a garage and ignore their prices.

fuel.jpg

I did 60 miles on the --------- in my zed ;)

What did you do...push it! :lol:

The worst i have had on my digital display is 3km per litre!!!

had mine for nearly a month now, love the car & it's performance but f**k me is it thirsty!!

average around 6.5km per litre :headhurt:

Twice as bad then ;)

I had the double posting prob when I first started using the site - it was me hitting the internet 'back' button before the post appeared that got the double posts - if that helps you?

ok just to update...

i managed 323 miles... driving the first 200 of those as slow as i possibly could, and then ripping it for the last two days!!

However, i still had a fair amount left in the tank (dte said 109km remaining), so i probably could have got another 30 miles or so out of it... but the fuel gage had only 1/8th left in, and when i filled up, i put 56 litres in... not sure of my tank size (jdm).

Anyway, i've filled up with super unleaded today, so i'll post back and see if that makes a difference!

ok just to update...

i managed 323 miles... driving the first 200 of those as slow as i possibly could, and then ripping it for the last two days!!

However, i still had a fair amount left in the tank (dte said 109km remaining), so i probably could have got another 30 miles or so out of it... but the fuel gage had only 1/8th left in, and when i filled up, i put 56 litres in... not sure of my tank size (jdm).

Anyway, i've filled up with super unleaded today, so i'll post back and see if that makes a difference!

You will need 3 to 4 tanks of super unleaded to see any benefits :)

My Speedo, odometer, fuel meter etc is converted from km/h to mph (im a JDM er), so the centre clock still says km/h but its actually mp/h. My dte reads about 450 (miles) when i fill it up, but ive only ever managed about 280miles before a re-fill. dte seems to only get accurate with under 150miles left on it, at least on my converted example.

Jamie

Maybe I am confused but from what you are saying it sounds like the dte indicated is in KM.... not miles as you think...

there is 1.609km to a mile, so if the 450 figure is km then it would translate to

450/1.609= 279.67 miles which is what you are actually getting "bang-on" so you dte is ACCURATE in km... not miles...