MPG....

alscar

Just just looking at all the performance figures for lots of different cars..

I started to notice the 350s look like they are all a bit on the thirsty side.. Wondering if im just getting tight at the pumps with super now well over £1-?

Things like the BMW Z4 (3.0) give almost the same power per tonne out, but claim to offer almost a third more MPG. Ok I dont like the BMW nearly as much BUT!! :headhurt:

around town i get approx 17-18mpg and A B roads taking it easy i got 32.6 last year, on the motorway approx 26-28mpg depends on me lead right foot or not ;)

guess the official figures are higher than mine.

hope this helps :)

Just just looking at all the performance figures for lots of different cars..

I started to notice the 350s look like they are all a bit on the thirsty side.. Wondering if im just getting tight at the pumps with super now well over £1-?

Things like the BMW Z4 (3.0) give almost the same power per tonne out, but claim to offer almost a third more MPG. Ok I dont like the BMW nearly as much BUT!! :headhurt:

Get a beemer, sounds like you aren't suited for the Z :lol:

Well... Ive been fine with it for ages... Its only when I found myself stuck in heavy crawling traffic for an age and I re set the computer thingy....

That said i was doign 8MPG... Which really was a bit of a shocker..

Your all right though, on a carefull run it does say abotu 28MPG so I should complain too much.. It just makes me wonder how the other makes get their cars to sip it sooo carefully!

I don't honestly think Z's are too thirsty. To compare, I had a Honda Accord Type-S (boo) before my Z, which had a 2.4 petrol (and a meager 187 bhp :lol: ). Honda claimed it would do mid 30's mpg but I worked it out as doing on average 24 mpg! To be fair, I was a bit heavy footed, but I am now in the Z. Been getting 20 mpg. . .

My mate has bought a 330i and it's worse on fuel than my Z, and he's previously a Renault driver so obviously not a boy racer :p Mind you, I shouldn't slag Renault, apparently we use their engine :dry:

After coming from a modified Skyline to the 350z, im looking forward to the excellent fuel economy the350z offers :lol:

Mind you, I shouldn't slag Renault, apparently we use their engine :dry:

Blasphemour!!! :lol: I believe they use 'ours'. From what ive read its a Nissan engine which Renault started using ?? Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

I don't honestly think Z's are too thirsty. To compare, I had a Honda Accord Type-S (boo) before my Z, which had a 2.4 petrol (and a meager 187 bhp :lol: ). Honda claimed it would do mid 30's mpg but I worked it out as doing on average 24 mpg! To be fair, I was a bit heavy footed, but I am now in the Z. Been getting 20 mpg. . .

My mate has bought a 330i and it's worse on fuel than my Z, and he's previously a Renault driver so obviously not a boy racer :p Mind you, I shouldn't slag Renault, apparently we use their engine :dry:

No, the VQ 35 engine is designed and built in Japan by Nissan

;) SATS

After coming from a modified Skyline to the 350z, im looking forward to the excellent fuel economy the350z offers :lol:

Mind you, I shouldn't slag Renault, apparently we use their engine :dry:

Blasphemour!!! :lol: I believe they use 'ours'. From what ive read its a Nissan engine which Renault started using ?? Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Dave, you are correct, renault used it in the Velsatis, fugly bastard thing.

I used to be permenently on 23.9mpg - Mixture of Dual Carriageway, Lead foot and A roads

On my trip south last year I got 32mpg

My current car (when active :rant: ) makes the z look like a diesel in comparison :lol:

Mine was almost the same. I reset the computer the day i bought it and never touched it. The day i sold it it was 24 mpg :blush: