JWT popcharger fitted & thoughts

rickya

After going on about how they didnt improve performance etc etc Iv gone & fitted one just now at work!! :teeth: Quite simple, took about 45mins & no disasters along the way, quite unusual!

Points to note:

Fuel comsumption will go down as I have suddenly developed an intermittent led weighted foot especially in 2nd & 3rd gear!!

The noise is fantastic! Though the downside is that I cant hear my Fujitsubo exhaust as much, which I used to really like the sound of before :(

The air filter cone itself does seem to get quite warm afetr a drive, I dont know whether the old air box would have got as warm from the inside! Heat soak was one of my concerns before fitting. So has anyone used some kind of extra heatshield / heat proof material to either cover top of filter or stick to underside of bonnet?

The engine at the moment does seem more free to rev & less constrained by engine (gear) braking. In fact it seems to be slightly more responsive when I blip the throttle. Whether this will stay the same after ECU has adapted, I dont know?

All in all £67 well spent :D

I used the fitting instructions supplied for final fitting of intake, but more usefully used video below for removing old filter which it made so easy

http://350zroadsterclub.com/images/mods/popCharger/PopChargerSmall.mpeg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job, I'd love one of these but I'm mechanically inept, don't own a drill or even a spanner, so unless someone with more of a clue (wouldn't be hard) is willing to do it for me...

...did you have to drill anything? What tools did you need...

:scare::scare::scare: step away from the drill :lol:;)

Good job, I'd love one of these but I'm mechanically inept, don't own a drill or even a spanner, so unless someone with more of a clue (wouldn't be hard) is willing to do it for me...

...did you have to drill anything? What tools did you need...

Easy tiger!! :lol:

You need some spanners and a ratchet and sockets really. :thumbs:

I can give you a hand bud! :)

rob, that would be awesome! perhaps I'll overcome my northern inclinations and part with some brass then.

The only sockets I own are holding my eyeballs, so you can see how I get confused.

Getting the car done by driveandshine next tue! can't wait, he reckons it's a straightforward job to fix the dint inthe door + all the paint work issues. Nice bloke to boot (not literally).

Lemme order the pop charger then I'll pm you about that offer of help! You sure, now? Be ready for assinine questions

rob, that would be awesome! perhaps I'll overcome my northern inclinations and part with some brass then.

The only sockets I own are holding my eyeballs, so you can see how I get confused.

Getting the car done by driveandshine next tue! can't wait, he reckons it's a straightforward job to fix the dint inthe door + all the paint work issues. Nice bloke to boot (not literally).

Lemme order the pop charger then I'll pm you about that offer of help! You sure, now? Be ready for assinine questions

phil or envy can give you a good price on pop charger

Phils & Envy prices are v good, I got mine from ebay & was 1 month old, used, hence cheaper.

Stevie, you just need a ratched set really, you could get away without using a drill & instead use one of those scewer thingie to make a couple of small holes

• 1 month later...
The air filter cone itself does seem to get quite warm afetr a drive, I dont know whether the old air box would have got as warm from the inside! Heat soak was one of my concerns before fitting. So has anyone used some kind of extra heatshield / heat proof material to either cover top of filter or stick to underside of bonnet?

Was also worried about heat soak problem..so got the K&N typhoon kit which has its own box around the cone.. tho makes me think that it kinda defeats the object of getting pop charger if its restricted within a box?!

Was also worried about heat soak problem..so got the K&N typhoon kit which has its own box around the cone.. tho makes me think that it kinda defeats the object of getting pop charger if its restricted within a box?!

Advantage of the K&N is it prevents the element from getting wet. Saying that not to my knowledge has this ever occured with the PC.

This is partly true, but its mainly for heat soak, the only thing is, with the 350z, the induction kit will not do anything bu add noise, therefore if the K&N is in a box, you wont hear it as much so i would save your money and get the pop charger

This is partly true, but its mainly for heat soak, the only thing is, with the 350z, the induction kit will not do anything bu add noise, therefore if the K&N is in a box, you wont hear it as much so i would save your money and get the pop charger

True but he could always take the lid off... and then it'll be pretty much as the Pop charger is.

True but he could always take the lid off... and then it'll be pretty much as the Pop charger is.

:thumbs: too right, but for the money, i would get the popcharger and put a box around it. Ice cream box style, i hear walls is the best :thumbs: