JWT popcharger fitted & thoughts

rickya

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if last posting was last month..

Got a K&N typhoon kit last yr ..its been sitting in my room till i got my new high flow cats this morning. Going to get the garage to fit them this week at same time..

Just looking at the instructions for the K&N kit and its got about 60 steps to fit it?! What the hell!!! :wacko: ..

Im thinking it might take garage about 2 hrs to fit and i dont think i wana risk the local mot garage to do it cos of all the fiddly parts in the kit...

Anyone had K&N installed? and how long it took u or garage to fit?

Took mine to the garage to fit but watched them do it! I also got the fitting thrown in when I bought it!!

To be honest the K&N is a little fiddly but not a hard job, just looks a bit daunting if you dont know your way round the engine, taken mine out and refitted again when I was doing some other fiddling...

Where in Surrey are you? I can let you know the place I took it too if its near.

Took mine to the garage to fit but watched them do it! I also got the fitting thrown in when I bought it!!

To be honest the K&N is a little fiddly but not a hard job, just looks a bit daunting if you dont know your way round the engine, taken mine out and refitted again when I was doing some other fiddling...

Where in Surrey are you? I can let you know the place I took it too if its near.

That wud be a big help.. im in Kingston Upon Thames.

Gona get it fitted professionally by a K&N suppplier in S.London .. shud be more reliable than Sarnie's bodge job :p

Fitted mine myself, didn't need anyone else to do it for me :p

errrr.. u gotta read the small print on the K&N instructions.. "if not fitted professionally and properly warranty is void" ;)

Real hassle to fit.. took the garage more than 2 hrs.. and also the kinetix high flow cats didnt fit right either they kept hitting against a heat shield above.. till they hammered it a bit with crow bar..

am i just unlucky or something?! Even my nismo exhuast didnt fit right first time.. took them ages to hammer one side so the tail pipes were same height at back and i think since its dropped height again making them look crooked.. ummm :dry:

Gona get it fitted professionally by a K&N suppplier in S.London .. shud be more reliable than Sarnie's bodge job :p

Fitted mine myself, didn't need anyone else to do it for me :p

errrr.. u gotta read the small print on the K&N instructions.. "if not fitted professionally and properly warranty is void" ;)

What warrenty????? On an air filter?????? :lol::lol::lol: