Brillo and Ken's new track car - Last few months

We should keep the 18in spare wheels, at the rate we change track cars they are bound to fit something we buy :lol:

Well we could buy some 15 mm spacers/ hub adapters, could be an idea. Then we can carry on running normal 3 series wheels.

Cool! Look forward to seeing you at another track day! :)

Just a quick question - I thought harnesses were supposed to be mounted higher:

06cRXKC.gif

Any vids of the crash? :p

Yeah the harnesses should ideally be mounted level, but cost and ease of using the standard rear belt bolts dictated this setup, its not too far out of recommendation.

And yes I think we do have the video somewhere, will see if we can dig it out :lol: not a big shunt, but enough to write of a 400 quid car (plus we wanted a new one!)

• Like 1

Andy/Ken - When its a bit warmer I will come and join you at one of the Track Events.

Unless of course you need a test driver this weekend !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Enjoy, have fun and ...............Remember Oil !!!! ;)

:blush: & don't have the time to nip to Wales :shrug:

Sod you then................. :p :p :lol:

So when you getting that little red devil of yours on track then - great opportunity for you to nip over to Bedford :stir::teeth:

Yeah I know, the waves of Colwyn Bay would miss you :lol:

• Like 2

So when you getting that little red devil of yours on track then - great opportunity for you to nip over to Bedford :stir::teeth:

Well hopefully the Germans will invade the Welsh countryside soon ;)

• Like 1

Well hopefully the Germans will invade the Welsh countryside soon ;)

Now there's a plan :D

• Like 1

hmmm so just went to do some prep for tomorrow, air in tyres, fuel in tank, that sort of thing - and battery was flat as a pancake :dry: was fine leaving it for a week when i bought it, so it must have developed a drain on the battery somewhere. When driving it the 'boot open' warning light is on, even though the boot is very much closed and locked (dodgy bmw wiring harness splits and breaks, common fault) so i suspect that when its locked it still thinks the boot is open, and the boot light is draining the battery.

So might be a bit late tomorrow if the car needs a jump start again!

Wendy, just sent you a PM about tomorrow - see you at lunchtime. Can also look out for a bright orange Radical, since Chris has signed on as well!

Weather looks a bit iffy... dry start, but then rain expected around lunchtime, then sunny intervals in the afternoon. hopefully if it does rain it'll be at lunch, and then a bit of sun and breeze will dry it out again.

Leaving shortly to go and join these chaps. Seriously hope the weather is considerably better than here where it is really windy and has been raining for hours. Think, I might be Support Team - if the weather is like this at Bedford Autodrome. ;) Am taking coffee !!

Well what a brilliant day!

took my new toy & it performed faultlessly (apart from a brake warning when they were hot, but I don't worry about things like that) pretty quick for a stock car to, had a little wet session to & before they all say it, yes I pushed a little to hard & ran out of lock :blush:

The new bimmer was cool, seems to be a strong car, the geometry could do with some attention though :drive1

But the star of the show was the Radical! I'm still grinning from ear to ear & on the hunt for one in the near future.

Will post up some videos tomorrow of a few quick laps & the wet weather drifting :thumbs:

• Like 3

Agree, brilliant afternoon. So glad the weather was different to home. Just one wet session when visibitlty was crap - of course that was the time I was on Track - but hey !!

Beamer is so much better than I thought it would be, yeah maybe a few handling issues to be sorted might assist it behaving as it should, (rather alot of understeer) and some decent tyres but in all great fun. I did get a black flag :scare::lol: But.. it was a case of mistaken identity, It was not me after all !! Whew ! Both Brillomaster and I knew I had not done anything wrong, properly finished that session for me though - shame but hey !!

Second session was much improved as I my confidence grew with the handling of the car and more knowledge gained about the circuit.

Lovely set up at Bedford, really friendly Circuit staff. Cannot believe the amount of run off that circuit has. Rather difficult sighting at several points just due to the level of the sun though.

Huge Thank you to Andrew and Ken. :teeth: