Le Mans 24hr - Anyone going or Been before?

Will - When I spotted you had posted I was having expected to read that you'd driven in 3 of them and won one in a GT40.

George - yeah, poor Ian. That was a sad end to an epic week for him.

I had hoped to go again this year, but changes to family have put pay to that. It'll be a few years before I get chance now.

No Lexx, but I did work as Team Manager for the Jacki Epstein Team IBEC, with Tony Trimmer, Tif Nedell and Ian Bracey sponsored by Lloyd of London. :thumbs:

:worthless:

Photos or it didn't happen ;)

Tiff Needell is my dads cousin, I was asking him if he knew you, he says he can't remember you :shrug:

Ask Tiff if he remembers this pile of poo..!!

Then ask him what was Ian Bracey's "nickname" :thumbs:

63613_113327605406234_4614562_n.jpg?oh=00a04cf876e896e85539861604756aca&oe=55B02645&__gda__=1434228030_fc9296cdb9ce34b4c439670aae64c697

164352_113327592072902_4240350_n.jpg?oh=8a52378dc4134f586c0de05eef40b133&oe=557EE7C9

34793_113327645406230_2313779_n.jpg?oh=f7980e953b05b38e8c3558d9058d4674&oe=557FCE3F&__gda__=1434287172_7aa4f18aad0c3dc18715c9b8ae1fcc80

Beansy (my Google Foo is awesome....)

As I recall, that car didn't qualify as the average time was in the bottom two for their group and thus never raced.

Took the IBEC 3 times to LeMans, only ran twice and one DNQ, (French fiddled the times), Because

Bracey erected a union jack in the Paddock and he was asked to take it down and he wouldn't..!!

So the French made sure we did not run that year. :scare:

Looks like a popular event for you all.

So plan so far is a booking with SpeedChills,

*Potsmouth to Caen overnight ferry on Thursday night.

*Arrive in Caen around 7:30am, drive to Le Mans,

*Camping in Bleu Nord (numbered pitch),

*Go to drivers parade on Friday,

*Party on Friday night,

*Go to the race on Sat/Sun (General admission tickets)

*Ferry back from Caen to Portsmouth on Monday afternoon around 16:00.

*Back in UK for around 21:00, arrive back to Cheltenham at 23:00,

*Sleep for 24 hours upon return !!

Any suggestions/changes or advice on the above itinerary??? :wacko:

Shame you'll miss the CBW at St Saturnin. :( If you haven't booked already, I'd seriously suggest getting there on Thursday so you have the entire Friday there to muck around and chill out.

Get to LM town centre EARLY for the driver's parade. Seriously. It's great though, I watched the parade last year then spent a few hours afterwards getting paralytic in town whilst trying to drunk call Lexx, then stumbled back to my tent after catching up with various other groups of drunken folks trying to carry each other back their tents, lost my decent Oakley glasses and finally found my tent about 4AM. One of the best nights I've ever had at LM! :lol:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just got a ticket for AA BEAUSEJOUR! :)

Now I'm wondering - do I take the Z, take the motorbike or pile in with the 3 others into a 'family' car?

Initial leanings are: split between bike/car then pile in with others.

Bike because it's loud and most customised and the French love bikes. easy ride there and getting in/out/around, can chuck tent, stuff etc in the car.

Car because some youtube videos looks like a good old fashioned car fest. Driving should be easy-the grounds open onto the ring road motorway so won't get too caught up?

Any advice from veterans?

• Like 1

Always take the fun car. Always. And always sticker it up, too!

Traffic will be murder on Fri, Sat and Sun around the circuit, but otherwise it's not too bad. When are you getting there?

ok. counting family car out.

more £? no problems credit cards for this one and everything else :)

take the fun car as in get some old steel rims and 18's and cheap tyres???

Sticker it up?

traffic being murder makes me want to bike it there. we'll see.

getting there - that's an advanced question.

need to consider time off work, other guys plans..... which are yet to come. probably worst case -friday night.

best - take Friday off work and head over Thursday night.

• 3 weeks later...