Going Abroad

Zazz

Hi guys a question I'm not sure about, I'm going abroad for about 2 months and leaving the car in the drive way as i have no garage.

Will the car be okay as the engine will not be swithed on in this 2 month period?

If this is not okay I can leave the keys with a family member so they can switch the engine on every 2 weeks or so if that is neccasery.

what do you think. :thumbs:

Hi guys a question I'm not sure about, I'm going abroad for about 2 months and leaving the car in the drive way as i have no garage.

Will the car be okay as the engine will not be swithed on in this 2 month period?

If this is not okay I can leave the keys with a family member so they can switch the engine on every 2 weeks or so if that is neccasery.

Fancy leaving it with me? :) We could come to an arrangement? :)

ok bud.............. its all yours......! :bleh:

I'll accept £50 a week storage to have it on my drive :D

flippin el.........

no wonder you got a lambo......... :dry:

I'd pay £50 a week for some top down RWD action :teeth:

no worries then...........

give me 50 quid and a wet road and bobs your uncle......!! :thumbs:

take the battery terminals off, 2 months will be long enough to potentially drain

hand brake off, left in first or reverse willl save hand brake seizing on

when back let the car start and run for a good while as the oil can sludge (synth should be ok!) but there will have been no circulation for a long time. There should be no gelling of the fuel and its injection just let it all prime up first before restart.

Tyres, over inflate them to stop any flatspotting from being stationary. Prob go 40 to 44psi (Cant remember standard on the zeds) just check when you get back

or give me/sarnie the keys

I leqave my car a lot. Normally no longer than a month at a time. I used to leave my old car for 3 months at a time. I gave the keys to my dad and said take it to work once a forthnight. It ran fine and never had a problem. The Zed gets the same treatment, left and run every wek or two.

I was away for 7 weeks at the start of the year.

I didn't disconnect the battery, but be sure not to lock the door using the remote, nor key in the lock - both of these activate the alarm - and your battery will drain.

To lock the car, just press the button on the inside of the door with the door open, then shut it - no alarm on.

Gus

you could always get a solar powered trickle charger. Maplins do them

you could always get a solar powered trickle charger. Maplins do them

solar power one are rubbish..............

halfords do an optimate for 25 quid...!! :thumbs:

and solar power ones dont work inside a garage :p

No seriously, just decouple the battery, that should be enough.

Starting the car every week for a couple of minutes isnt really good

read the first post and it says he's got no garage :bleh::rule: