**SOLD** 350z coupé for sale - Offers over £14,000

letank87

I still have not come to terms with this yet, but here goes! :cry:

As many of you will know, I'm having to sell my baby in order to get on the property ladder. I've attached a link to the add on Pistonheads, it's pretty detailed but if any of you require any more information about the car, please do not hesitate to contact me.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/276862.htm

I'm sure I'll stay around once she goes. I've always had a good relationship with everyone on here and had some good times on the Wales runs, Silverstone days etc...

As I'm a Nissan boy, I think I'll be looking to get a cheap 200sx S14A for the short term. At least I'll still have the rwd to bring a smile to my face!!!

All the best :thumbs:

Steve

I am really gutted for you, in that you are being forced to sell a prized possession like this. I remember when you first posted those photos that you have used in the ad. I hope that it all goes well for you, and that you get a good price for the car.

• 2 weeks later...
thats a helluva lot of car for the money, if you were closer i would have done a deal for the rear leds ;)

Yes that is one heck of a motor for the money B) Surely someone on here will buy this :thumbs:

nice number plate...!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It now also has the bonnet lifters fitted that I ordered through Big Phil. Although I swapped the struts with some nice black Stabilus ones, which fit a bit better and look a little more oem! :thumbs:

C'mon guys, someone snap it up for xmas please! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon guys, I thought that I would have had people biting my hand off at this price!

I know that there are some anti import people out there but I cannot understand the mentality when you are talking about a car which would be out of warranty if it was UK spec. Besides, this car is 99% UK spec, and I should know as I'm a Nissan design engineer! Apart from not having the headlamp washers it looks exactly the same as a UK car, but with the added bonus of the private plate, 06MY LED lights and DVD headunit, which all together cost a small fortune! It even has the CD009 gearbox, which I believe UK cars didn't get until 2005/2006!

To get other imports to a standard like mine would cost well in excess of £2500 and that's if you bought the RAYS and UK exhaust second hand off eBay. If this car was a UK spec, I'm sure it would be worth at least another £1500, why exactly? Even my collegues at work don't realise it's an import!

If insurance is putting you off an import, my premium is the same as a uk car. :thumbs:

good luck mate, i know how you are feeling :rant: and i ended going the part exchange route... nasty people car dealers (most of them the ones that frequent this forum are very nice indeed) ....and you have to push and push to get the right price for it this way...

I originally got offered 13k for my 54 uk GT spec! i nearly decked the salesperson..., after much wheeling and deeling i got them to my advertised price (well close enough... :dry: ) and the main reason they said is that they are going to have to wait till end of JAN - Feb to sell the car so they will be stuck with this car for 2-3 months...

good luck and hope it all goes well :thumbs: I don't think it is the price,as they say it is a bargain! , I think it is just not the right time... come Jan feb people will be pouring in...

Nice car mate, well looked after with lots of TLC!

IMO your add is perfect for this forum & other zed forums but not for pistonheads & autotrader. I think that for most people who are buying a zed they dont know much about them (well not until after they buy one & join e.g a forum like this). They just want to buy a safe std zed that they feel is how it came out of Nissan. Though the items you have upgraded & replaced are great to see by you, me & other people on this forum, IMO they will scare away normal punters. I would leave the first part of your add but then omit the second part mentioning all parts upgraded or replaced. At a later stage when you see that a knowledgable enthusiast has come to see your car, then maybe discuss those items with him.

Just my 2ps worth, hope it helps!

i.e

"The following parts were replaced with new:

- Bare engine assy

- Timing chain and auxiliary belts

- Thermostat

- Exhaust manifolds

- Intake manifold

- Air intake mass airflow sensor

- Clutch

- Flywheel

- Clutch cover

- Air filter

- Throttle body

- Exhaust shields

- Spark plugs

With the incentive payment received from this scheme, a CD009 spec transmission was purchased from RJN motorsport to replace the original transmission, which was starting to develop signs of the typical syncromesh problems that can occur in the 350z. Needless to say, there have been no such problems ever since. "

Nice car mate, well looked after with lots of TLC!

ps IMO your add is perfect for this forum & other zed forums but not for pistonheads & autotrader. I think that for most people who are buying a zed they dont know much about them (well not until after they buy one & join e.g a forum like this). They just want to buy a safe std zed that they feel is how it came out of Nissan. Though the items you have upgraded & replaced are great to see by you, me & other people on this forum, IMO they will scare away normal punters. I would leave the first part of your add but then omit the second part mentioning all parts upgraded or replaced. At a later stage when you see that a knowledgable enthusiast has come to see your car, then maybe discuss those items with him.

Just my 2ps worth, hope it helps!

Makes sense. :thumbs: