Nissan GT-R

davidwatson85

I read somewhere recently that the GT-R has been unveiled now and the list price released. it will be available in july 09 starting in japan at £33k, now i know it will be more when it comes here but isnt that a bit close to the Z`s price range, the R34`s were about 50k were they not?

if they release the GT-R at even 40k its still going to kill the 350 isnt it???

why pay 30k for a 350 when you can pay a few more grand and get a supercar killer?

Discuss..... :thumbs:

GTR.jpg

I read somewhere recently that the GT-R has been unveiled now and the list price released. it will be available in july 09 starting in japan at £33k, now i know it will be more when it comes here but isnt that a bit close to the Z`s price range, the R34`s were about 50k were they not?

if they release the GT-R at even 40k its still going to kill the 350 isnt it???

why pay 30k for a 350 when you can pay a few more grand and get a supercar killer?

Discuss..... :thumbs:

GTR.jpg

Where are you getting that from mate? Think you'll find the GTR will be over £60-70k once it hits these shores and it'll be out in Japan way before 2009 :)

Is it me or is there a flaw in this strategy. Released in Japan this year at mid 30k range so by the time they are released in the UK in a couple of years there will be a supply of 2 year old Japanese spec for import at half the price of a new one here. Whilst there are always those who will want the new UK spec it would surely adversely effect new sales here.

Is it me or is there a flaw in this strategy. Released in Japan this year at mid 30k range so by the time they are released in the UK in a couple of years there will be a supply of 2 year old Japanese spec for import at half the price of a new one here. Whilst there are always those who will want the new UK spec it would surely adversely effect new sales here.

And people wonder why car companies struggle to make money! No-one said there was any logic mate! :wacko:

Current UK price is going to be around £55K, thats what it says in my paper work when i put the deposit down a while ago now :wacko:), this could change, but unlikely too with the Japanese price being on oar with the old 34.

Middlehurst are getting some in what ever happens with the UK release. But after the recent announcements, looks like July at the earliest, but more like September for official cars.

Though I'm sure Nissan will have a demo car for shows in the first half of the year, and one team will be getting one very early for racing (so won't see that on the road, but at least in the metal :) )