Castle Coombe

Harryjax

No I'm not booked or anything but are you going Harry?

Really want to get on track this season but not sure if that's too soon as some plans in the pipe line (service/maybe new tyres etc. ;)

He I'm there on 1st & 6th

With itechracing.co.uk

Will be a good day.

Really want to get on track this season but not sure if that's too soon as some plans in the pipe line (service/maybe new tyres etc. ;)

With itechracing.co.uk

Will be a good day.

:yahoo: Awesome.

Get some video if you can. B);)

• Like 1

Im going on either 14th or 20th.... cant remember which... Thruxton is the other one

Thruxton Is such a great track, did a couple of bike track days there. Such a shame its so utterly restrictive on noise levels, 88db.

It is, would love to run the GTR, but Im probably around 95db, maybe a little more

If there was ever a reason to fight the cause re circuit noise regs, Thruxton is it, drilled into the ground by nimbies and a great shame, as someone mentioned elsewhere a std 350z is apparently 92db.

I am guessing they do well with their experience days but not even sure there is actually a lot of race meetings there now because of noise, touring cars and bsb of any note!

With itechracing.co.uk

Will be a good day.

Just been looking at their site if I've got the right one, ...this one: http://www.i-techracing.com/9/Track_Day_Hire/

Are you renting one of their cars then? or using your own?

I'm looking at Castle Combe track days you see and didn't really fancy paying £170 for a full day when really I might only go on once or twice at most.

Any info on prices & what you're doing would be cool. ;)

With itechracing.co.uk

Will be a good day.

Just been looking at their site if I've got the right one, ...this one: http://www.i-techracing.com/9/Track_Day_Hire/

Are you renting one of their cars then? or using your own?

I'm looking at Castle Combe track days you see and didn't really fancy paying £170 for a full day when really I might only go on once or twice at most.

Any info on prices & what you're doing would be cool. ;)

That's the right website but I'm not renting one the owner is a friend of mine and I help him with mechanical and race prep.

We are still building one car MGZR and hopefully it will be ready for test shakedown on the 1st.

That's the right website but I'm not renting one the owner is a friend of mine and I help him with mechanical and race prep.

We are still building one car MGZR and hopefully it will be ready for test shakedown on the 1st.

Ahh I see. Sounds like it will be fun then.

Get some video then if you can please. :D

Oops I was a month out its actually the 25th of April. Anyone going along to that event?

Who's running it? ...and what's the cost of that day please?

I'm still looking and trying to find a good day to go to Castle Combe but trying to find something cheaper than £170 which is what it costs on their site but as I won't be on track more than once (maybe twice) it seems like a lot of money to be paying. :dry::shrug:

I will be blasting round on the 11th of May.

Booked an afternoon session.

Is that through Castle Combe then Andy or some other organiser?

How much is it for an afternoon session if you don't mind sharing? Cheers :thumbs:

It's through Trackdays and it's £119. Will be doing these once a month throughout the summer.

Prefer the half days as you don't have to be there at the crack of dawn only for you and the car to be knackered by lunchtime! Lol

1.Arrive around 11ish,park up empty the boot and have a gander at what's going on in the paddock and what's blasting on track.

2. Sign on at 12.30 at get on the circuit at 1.30 till around 5 which to be quite honest is plenty of time to do 5/6 20 min sessions with breaks in between.

3.Go home without feeling like you have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson,cars still got tread on tyres and one tank of fuel just might last the day!

4. Do it next month as it's such bloody good fun!!

• Like 2

I will be blasting round on the 11th of May.

Booked an afternoon session.

Is that through Castle Combe then Andy or some other organiser?

How much is it for an afternoon session if you don't mind sharing? Cheers :thumbs:

It's through Trackdays and it's £119. Will be doing these once a month throughout the summer.

Prefer the half days as you don't have to be there at the crack of dawn only for you and the car to be knackered by lunchtime! Lol

1.Arrive around 11ish,park up empty the boot and have a gander at what's going on in the paddock and what's blasting on track.

2. Sign on at 12.30 at get on the circuit at 1.30 till around 5 which to be quite honest is plenty of time to do 5/6 20 min sessions with breaks in between.

3.Go home without feeling like you have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson,cars still got tread on tyres and one tank of fuel just might last the day!

4. Do it next month as it's such bloody good fun!!

Thanks for the info Andy.

Just been looking at their website and dates available. Will definitely be considering that as the prices are much better & lot's of available dates still.

If I book one I'll let you know as it would be good to see your Zed in person, ..oh and you too I guess. :D:thumbs:

• Like 1

Ahh I see. Sounds like it will be fun then.

Get some video then if you can please. :D

Oops I was a month out its actually the 25th of April. Anyone going along to that event?

Who's running it? ...and what's the cost of that day please?

I'm still looking and trying to find a good day to go to Castle Combe but trying to find something cheaper than £170 which is what it costs on their site but as I won't be on track more than once (maybe twice) it seems like a lot of money to be paying. :dry::shrug:

I don't know too much about it as I've never been but I'm going with a friend who's involved in another car club and I will hopefully be a passenger for a few laps in one of their cars. I'd be too scared to take the 350 out I think!

• Like 1

What an awesome track Castle Combe is!!!! Absolutely love it!!!

Arrived at the noise testing station and the MX5 rear silencer had developed a terrible rattle, which sounded like something had come lose. So gave up with the MX5 and took the GTR to be noise tested...... :scare: revved up to 4500 and the guy said all good, ddidnt bother asking what the reading was, just ran with my "passed" sticker.

Was very nervous to start with, its a very fast and unforgiving track, but the GTR was immense!! Ran out of talent a few times and the GTR saved me :) had a Caterham 7 run out talent infront of me and he ended up in the grass. Confidence grew threw out the day and had an awesome time. Missus went out driving the GTR as well and also nervous at first, had a bad 2nd session (was very busy) and then an awesome 3rd session (less traffic)!!!

At Thruxton on Friday.... but will be in the MX5, GTR wont pass noise limits.

• Like 2