STONE CHIPS! Just a fact of life?

jonty88

When I got my Z back in 2012 it did have a lot of stone chips on the bumper....bonnet and a few on the front wings.....I had them re sprayed a few months after so after 7k.......I can report only 1 small stone chip........the key is to keep a certain distance of the car in front.......and a BIG distance with trucks :). The first pic is when I had the re spray and after 18 months later the last pics with the poor paper stuck over the number plate is as it now lol

fishandcar063.jpg

imagejpg1_zps637f4b6d.jpg

No change other than the 1 stone chip lol

This is awesome, how much did the front re spray cost you?

Have a couple of marks on the bonnet and one decent sized chip.... the paint isn't pealing back after 2 n a bit years of jet wash (just the spray part...god knows why people use the grit ridden brush that people drop lol). Also the primer underneath is grey...the cars grey... the chip will be left lol. With any car but more so wedged low front end will attract them. As said, if it gets that bad a respray down the line but I wouldn't do it unless it was super bad or you have money burning a hole in your pocket lol

When I got my Z back in 2012 it did have a lot of stone chips on the bumper....bonnet and a few on the front wings.....I had them re sprayed a few months after so after 7k.......I can report only 1 small stone chip........the key is to keep a certain distance of the car in front.......and a BIG distance with trucks :). The first pic is when I had the re spray and after 18 months later the last pics with the poor paper stuck over the number plate is as it now lol

fishandcar063.jpg

No change other than the 1 stone chip lol

This is awesome, how much did the front re spray cost you?

I got a great deal......I was desperate to get it done, but quotes were coming in at 700 to 800 quid. After chatting to them and going to see them a couple of times the guy just said look we will do it for you and for a great price. I had the Bonnet, both front wings and the front bumper all done for the grand total of £400 including VAT. Great guys and they did a fantastic job the match is AWSOME you would never know :). They had the front bumper off and a complete rub down to eliminate the chips. They are in Bexhill on sea. There was a rather nice Aston Martin being done as mine was in there. I think I was in the right place at the right time lol

Front end of my zed was resprayed before I got it. I was paranoid about stone chips as I kept the whole car immaculate. I used to keep a very big distance between me & cars in front and go out of my way to avoid any potential chips. But it made no difference at all. One by one stone chips still appeared on the front. Its as if the design of the front seems to attract them.

As others have said, dont worry about it. Just get the bumper repainted before you sell it and it will look like new for the new buyer.

Resprayed bumper two weeks ago :)

Spotted my first fresh stone chip yesterday :(

It's one of those things, stick a tenner away each month for a periodic respray. As above, I've tried driving well back but it makes no odds, they just happen. It's the two on my passenger door that are irritating!!!