Probably a stupid question?

Robert188815

I am looking at buying a set of LMGT4's and have found some with the sizes:

Front: 17 x 7.5 offset +30mm 5 x 114.3

Rear: 17 x 8.5 offset +40mm 5 x 114.3

Basically i do not have a clue about wheel sizes, offsets etc and was hoping someone who does could help me out with two questions.

First question i have not seen anyone with 17's on here everyone seems to have 18's or 19's, will 17's be ok and how do you think they will look?

Secondly i tried using an offset calculator which gave me:

Front: Inner Clearance; 6mm more Outer Position; retract by 6mm

Rear:Inner Clearance; 16mm less Outer Position; retract by 4mm

Does this mean i need spacers and if so what size?

As i said i have no clue about things like this. Thanks.

17" LMGT4s?!?! Link? whats the reasoning behind going for 17s?

also yes, the fronts are narrower than standard with a pretty weak offset, they'll be completely lost under the arches - could run them with a 25mm spacer!

the rears are the same width as standard rays wheels, but again with a weaker offset - would need 10mm to get back to standard, or 20mm plus to match the fronts.

Thanks for the replys,

Probably should have googled it myself :doh:

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Genuine-Nissan-17x7-5-17x8-5-Forged-RAYS-Nismo-LMGT4-LM-GT4-Wheels-Rims-RARE-/351292609692#shpCntId

The reason i'm looking at the 17's is because i cant seem to find any larger sized LMGT4s for sale anywhere! The 17s also look in next to perfect condition as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys,

Probably should have googled it myself :doh:

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/...609692#shpCntId

The reason i'm looking at the 17's is because i cant seem to find any larger sized LMGT4s for sale anywhere! The 17s also look in next to perfect condition as well.

Lots of traders on here selling 18", they wont ship these until after 2nd March... :surrender:

The seller is currently away until Mar 02, 2015. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order.

Edited by WhackyWill

You'd need 30mm spacers all round to make them sit right, even then they won't look great because 17's IMO are too small for the 350, even 18's in LMGT4's don't look great.

Also worth noting that after shipping and taxes, these are going to cost you around £1900. A set will come up somewhere for around £1000 in correct sizes :thumbs: So either wait for the correct sizes or buy something like Rays TE37's if you want to spend that kind of money :D

• Like 1

are you dead set on LMGT4s? cos you could always get the correct size 18" or 19" ROTA Grids or GTRs in the correct offset to start with, and then get some nismo decals for a fiver to complete the look if so desired. Its what I did with my old white Rota GTRs... :blush:

:surrender: