hi all

hey all

just joint, ive just sold my mr2 turbo :( and driving round in a audi a4tdi! but not for long, as i have a company car and can get a weekend toy wooohooo

im looking at getting a 350z gt with the nismo pack, lotus elise or a 5 series bmw...3 different cars i know..but im undecided :(

im just a bit worried if i buy a 350z it wont be as fun to drive as my mr2 turbo, the handerling, power delivery, but then again the mr2 could be annoying to drive at times...hopefully the Z changes my mind with a test drive :evil:

:welcome:

Hope you enjoy the site.

The 5 series are great cars but not exactly what i'd call a weekend car. The lotus for me was abit too hardcore for everyday use but certainly something i would seriously consider if i was after a fun weekend car.

The 350z is great to drive with balanced handling and a really good engine. (better than the 3.2 in the boxter having driven both). It has quality as well as having the fun factor when you want to push alittle.

Test drive one, you'll not be dissapointed.

Tend to agree with Sinbad - Zed is a proper sports car with bags of style unlike the Beemer but can be a GT when you're not in the mood un like the Lotus.

I see a guy in an S1 Exige most mornings on my daily commute - as I sat with my arse being gently warmed by the heated seats this morning I wouldn't have swapped with him for the world! :teeth:

Oh and welcome aboard!

yeah i do love the look of the Z, but until i drive one i wont know for sure, it seems like its going to have everything im looking for in an overall package, style, performance, comfort etc..the beemer will just be a beemer, the lotus will be intresting...my main concern is im 6ft 4" lol

yeah i do love the look of the Z, but until i drive one i wont know for sure, it seems like its going to have everything im looking for in an overall package, style, performance, comfort etc..the beemer will just be a beemer, the lotus will be intresting...my main concern is im 6ft 4" lol

lol forget it mate, Im 6ft and they had to get the vaseline out just to get me in.....

no gay jokes guys ahem :blush:

dont forget the price of the 350z too :thumbs:

Welcome jdbecks. :) Hmm, well in my book, front wheel drive v rear (real) wheel drive, no competition. ;) Plenty of torque, they sit on the road and handle well & have to agree with Digsy, the heated seats in the cooler months, well they totally rock. Go for a few test drives.

:welcome:

I've had a couple of mr2 (mk1 and mk2) and they are different cars to the 350z - the z is less sports car and more GT really.. much more comfortable/softer riding/quieter.. the dry handling in the mr2 was better but the wet handling in the z is a lot safer and there is more grip generally. personally I got shot of the mr2s after a few 6 hour stretches heading up north where my brain nearly imploded..

if you just want to replace/upgrade the mr2 then get a lotus though!

(and if you want a boring sedan then get the 5 series)..

Welcome! :thumbs:

Have an Elise and a Zed. I'm 6'1" and it's not problem getting in the Elise, you just have to be able to bend at the waist and have good hip joints! Once in, it's fine.

But it's no daily driver or relaxing drive home when the day is winding down. The Zed can be a bit of both.

As for the Beemer, sory, but :yuck:

• 3 weeks later...

:welcome: From another noob to the site. I have to ask whether or not you want to stand out on the road? you won't in the beemer, common as dog poo! you would in both the lotus and the zed, but for my money, it'd have to be the latter. My only experience with an elise was my mate's car when we were up in the highlands, it handled like a go-kart around the mountain roads with absolute insane accelaration! what a rush. For about half an hour, anything more was agony, I was sure I was going to be passing blood that night it was so rough on the internals!!! And whilst I only went in it a few times, I found it awkward to get in and out(I'm 6'), but perhaps I just hadn't got my technique down. :headhurt:

Get the Zed, get the Zed, get the Zed, get the Zed, get the Zed, get the Zed, go on, go on, you know you wanna :D:D:D