Tire Choice

iiNNeX

So I am getting a set of tires next month, and after some research on the370.com forum it's come down to 2 contenders.

1. Michelin Pilot Super Sports

2. Bridgestone RE11s

The first, is on the expensive side of things, however easily sorced. The second, I can't seem to find anywhere for sale in the UK?

The tire size I am looking for is 245/40/19 for the Front and 285/35/19 on the back on the stock RAYS wheels that come with the GT Pack. Should fit nicely.

Can anyone help with prices/sources for finding these tyres or do people run better alternatives ?

Thanks!

Edited by iiNNeX

*tyres

Don't get either. You really want the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, or you want something like the Falken FK453 if you really must save the money (although the MPSS will last 2x as long as the Falkens).

Seriously, just go for one of those two.

Excuse my spelling, and damn that's going to be close to £600 for the rears alone :( Will be driving very carefully haha

edit: just saw openeo will have a look, cheers mate

Edited by iiNNeX

£738 for 245/40/19 F and 285/35/19 R holy f*** that's a steal!

I shouldn't have rubbing issues with these along side with the Eibach pro kit and 25mm spacers all around should I ?

As I believe this is nismo tyre fitment.

I know the default size 235/40/19 and 275/35/19 doesn't rub with spacers and lowering springs, so I wouldn't think the slightly higher meat of rubber should cause any issues. Maybe get 20mm spacers instead or something?

I was looking at the "Project 370Z" on youtube, and it runs 245/35/19 front and 275/30/19 rear. That should be fine with my setup I think seeing as that is lower than 25mm with the KWV3s it has on. I guess that is why it is running lower profile though.

• Like 1

I fitted a full set of mpss this afternoon to replace my well worn bridgestones that have tried to spit me off the road a number of times ! fishtailing on acceleration etc

Tbh I didn't believe the hype about mpss but read a few reviews and they were all positive ( I also think Dan has mentioned them ;) )

All I can say is thank you Dan, Honestly I am more than impressed, they are better in the damp/wet conditions than the others were in the dry ! It actually feels quicker on acceleration now and much more confidence inspiring, my only regret is that I didn't get them sooner....... can't wait to scrub them in and try them in the dry :thumbs: