Worst and best places to live in U.K

Zedrush

Just watched the show poll for 2007,

WORST PLACE: Middlesbrough

BEST PLACE: Edinburgh

might have to make a visit to Scotland to see for myself, must say looked really nice on the show and from what I can remember when I went and collected my first 350z from Edinburgh :thumbs:

Unfortunatly my mum was born and bred in the worst place of U.K but escaped to London when she was 16 :lol:

Surrey areas all made in the Top Ten, parents are moving to Tunbridge Wells so nice to see good comments, but Edinburgh sure looks young and vibrant and very cosmo B)

Might as well add here here are the Top 20 Best and Top 20 Worst places to live in England should anyone be thinking of where to move for 2007 and didnt see the show :thumbs:

TOP 10 BEST IN ORDER

1. Edinburgh Scotland's capital scores highly across the board

2. Winchester Last year's number 1 continues to excel

3. Epsom & Ewell Surrey's highest placed borough impresses yet again

4. Waverley Scenic surroundings & a high standard of living

5. Mole Valley Low crime, good education & steady house prices

6. Surrey Heath Green belt Tory territory where nature abounds

7. South Cambridgeshire The third year in the top 10 for this quaint borough

8. Chelmsford Unusually warm weather & lots of new developments

9. Horsham 2nd last time round but still a strong performer

10. Elmbridge Affluent Elmbridge sets new targets for living standards

to view top 20 click here: http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/bes ... index.html

TOP 11 WORST IN ORDER

1. Middlesbrough Smog, crime, binge drinking - Boro's got them all in excess

2. Kingston upon Hull Poor police force and rocketing crime rates

3. Newham Desperate for the Olympic revamp to begin

4. Nottingham Loads of good aspects but crime lets it down

5. Merthyr Tydfil A shadow of its former industrial glories

6. North East Lincolnshire Grimsby's name says it all

7. Islington Drugs and other crimes are the thorn in Islington's side

8. Blaenau Gwent Bad job prospects & a distinct lack of culture

9. Mansfield Bad exam results coupled with dire health levels

10. Knowsley Smoker's paradise dependent on the benefit system

11. Birmingham Sarnie lives there

to view top 20 click here: http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/bes ... index.html

Surprised Islington made it on the worst list and shocked that Hackney is not in the top 3 of the worst list

:scare:

If you want an embarrassment of natural riches on your doorstep, then South Lakeland might just be the place. The area has two of the country’s most breathtaking national parks, with vast swathes of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales covering the district, and can also boast Windermere, England’s largest natural lake and a dream for lovers of watersports, all of which attract thousands of tourists every year. And if that wasn’t enough to tempt you; the area also has the lowest crime rate in Cumbria and the second lowest in the North West.

Not surprisingly, South Lakeland is among the top ten second home hotspots in the country, which has inflated the prices in recent years. Subsequently, the average price of a house is £236,569, which sits well above the national average, following an increase of 7.9% over the year.

Forgot to mention the weather though :lol:

If you want an embarrassment of natural riches on your doorstep, then South Lakeland might just be the place. The area has two of the country’s most breathtaking national parks, with vast swathes of the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales covering the district, and can also boast Windermere, England’s largest natural lake and a dream for lovers of watersports, all of which attract thousands of tourists every year. And if that wasn’t enough to tempt you; the area also has the lowest crime rate in Cumbria and the second lowest in the North West.

Not surprisingly, South Lakeland is among the top ten second home hotspots in the country, which has inflated the prices in recent years. Subsequently, the average price of a house is £236,569, which sits well above the national average, following an increase of 7.9% over the year.

Forgot to mention the weather though :lol:

:lol:

Watched the show last night and I've not seen presenting like that since Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood did the Brits (for those old enough to remember :lol: ). I normally love Phil and Kirsty but why on earth did the show have to be live? :wacko:

PS I don't live in Knowsley.... :p

The centre of Edinburgh is great. Really vibrant. However as Jim says, not all of it is nice. Same as most areas I guess.

I looked at locating myself there when I worked abroad but couldn't afford the areas I wanted!