Does a Z fit in a standard UK single garage??

IT10

Hola amigos!

As above really.

Am looking at renting a new place and the current favourite has no allocated parking space, but there is a garage across the road that comes with.

Now, this is standard UK single garage size (whatever that is!) and it looks touch and go if the Z would fit throught the door in terms of width!

Have had a look on here but not seen anything, and a search to try and find said standard garage size throws up different sizes.

So, anyone manage to squeeze their Z into a single garage?

Can you get out after?? :D

Cheers

Cheers for the replies guys. Fortunately I am a lanky git, so hopefully getting out shouldn't be an issue!

No sunstitute for trying it out tho so I will try it in the garage before getting the place :)

Thanks again all, though further comments always welcomed :thumbs:

Also leave the mirrors out otherwise you may catch the nearside front wing :scare: I find that they act as a guide when reversing in....also open the drivers window when you open the door to get in & out makes it easier ....less chance of chopping your ear off with the window edge when you squease in :lol:

Also leave the mirrors out otherwise you may catch the nearside front wing :scare: I find that they act as a guide when reversing in....also open the drivers window when you open the door to get in & out makes it easier ....less chance of chopping your ear off with the window edge when you squease in :lol:

+ 1!! I drive into mine front first as there is enough room for me to work in the engine bay if the rear is up to the main door. The mirror acts as the guide when driving in to protect the front wing. In my 'standard' garage, I can easily walk down one side but not enough room to remove a wheel for example. :)

Guest prescience

+ 1!! I drive into mine front first as there is enough room for me to work in the engine bay if the rear is up to the main door. The mirror acts as the guide when driving in to protect the front wing. In my 'standard' garage, I can easily walk down one side but not enough room to remove a wheel for example. :)

Personally, I was a carpets on wall and mirrors-in man, on the basis that a new mirror (about £350+painting) is likely to be much more costly than a scraped wing ;)

I assume we are talking standard width garage doors which are 6' 6" I beleve and some 7 foot or bigger. I think mine are 6' 6"

My Zed used to fit my garage easily. The beamer is wider and much longer but still fits in but a squeeze. I use the wing mirrors as a guide as the beamer is 6' 1" wide so only 2 inches either side. I also have a couple of planks of thin mdf learning against the back wall so if I hit those I would hear them. Also have PDC of course.

Carpet on the wall is great idea, must try it. :thumbs:

Or the old tennis ball hanging from the roof on string!

I lined my dads garage (double but with two single doors) with foamy seal stuff that his company uses when they build control panels. It does the trick and looks better then carpet! Protects the car doors a treat!

Or the old tennis ball hanging from the roof on string!

quote]

Yeah - wot he said....

Also you guys with carpet on the walls obviously don't care enough about your Zeds..... mine is lined with a nice soft old duvet! Has the added benefit of being a bit thicker so if you get too close you see the outside move in time to stop.

Cushion foam on the walls where I open the door.

Having little room is a good incentive to keep the body nice and trim!

I'm a fat sh*t but I don't garage the Zed as I have other junk in there, if I use dads SL I drive in and the drivers door opens into the other side of the double garage.

I could always just do a jump on the seat and climb over the back of the car job as the roof is never up on the merc. Well rarely!

Guest prescience

Also you guys with carpet on the walls obviously don't care enough about your Zeds..... mine is lined with a nice soft old duvet! Has the added benefit of being a bit thicker so if you get too close you see the outside move in time to stop.

The guy who turned up to fit the carpet seemed quite impressed that it was to a garage wall rather than to the lounge - but I decided against underlay ;):lol:

In my previous garage, I rigged up a push switch on a post at the end of the garage which was the exact height of the bumper, and had a soft foam pad to cushion it. When the car nudged the switch, a light bulb was illuminated on the wall. Worked a treat. :thumbs:

I used to have carpets on the walls too, because it was a brick wall. My current house has an integral garage and the walls are plasterboard, so it's less of a worry. I've got a small piece of carpet tile on the wall at the exact spot where the door when opened touches the wall, once the car is far enough into the garage. Again, works a treat!

The guy who turned up to fit the carpet seemed quite impressed that it was to a garage wall rather than to the lounge - but I decided against underlay ;):lol:

My garage is carpeted on the floor!! :lol::blush:

My garage is carpeted on the floor!! :lol::blush:

+1. :teeth: Mind you since I spend quite a bit of time working on my race car in there, I like to have a bit of creature comfort.