I'm back, with a minor delemna

JetSet

My Zed failed its MOT on a front suspension arm problem, ie the bush has failed. Not a major problem but the garage were unable to source a replacement part unless I wanted to pay Nissan £150. Alex can supply the part at a fraction of the price, unfortunately I wont find out exactly what part it is until the guy who tested the car comes back to work on Monday. The thing is, my tax is up today and it'll probably be Thursday before I can get the part fitted. I can manage without a car for a few days but should I temporarily SORN the car or will it be O.K to just leave it until Thursday when I should get my MOT certificate?

Pete

To cover your own backside and not risk being fined, I would SORN the vehicle now. Just takes a few minutes on-line and is no big hassle.

Tax it when you receive your MoT.

Alternatively, phone the DVLA for advice on 0300 790 6802

• Like 2

Is your old MOT expired then? or do you have a week or so left?

I know the rues have changed in the UK, but I always had my MOT at least 2 weeks before the expiry so any work if it failed could be done. :shrug:

That was the way to do it when the mot was hand written now its computerised the new failure is registered so old pass is cancelled.

As 350Zedd said, just SORN it on line takes a few minutes, book it in for a re-test and you should

be covered to drive it to the test centre and back, then just tax it and it cancels the SORN.

But to be double safe you might call the help line on 0300 790 6802 :thumbs: