IM BACK WITH PICS!!!

limiter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought about doing something with the door handles? Just thinking they may look better in black? ...or not at all. Especially after you tint the windows the aluminium handle may stand out quite a lot. Sorry :teeth:

this is a toughy for Dan as he has been pondering on the idea for a while. he is not sure that if it is painted black, one the car may lose its identity in a sense two it could make the car look a bit wierd and just a black blob. With the handle in silver it seems to give character of appealness when viewed from the side and it could be risky to lose that sense :blush:

Have you thought about doing something with the door handles? Just thinking they may look better in black? ...or not at all. Especially after you tint the windows the aluminium handle may stand out quite a lot. Sorry :teeth:

this is a toughy for Dan as he has been pondering on the idea for a while. he is not sure that if it is painted black, one the car may lose its identity in a sense two it could make the car look a bit wierd and just a black blob. With the handle in silver it seems to give character of appealness when viewed from the side and it could be risky to lose that sense :blush:

Very true, a photoshop may help. I'm sure I could rustle that up tonight if he wants.

It does match the lip on his wheels right enough, however be interesting to see what it looks like when the windows are done.

appealness

Did you just make this word up?? :surrender:

:p

I have seen handles that are colour coded & they don not look that good IMO. They are meant to be a design feature hence they were made big/chunky & aluminium. If you paint them black theyl still be big & chunky. I would leave them but if you wanted it black I would remove the handles altogether & have the doors flush, opening on a remote solenoid.

I have seen handles that are colour coded & they don not look that good IMO. They are meant to be a design feature hence they were made big/chunky & aluminium. If you paint them black theyl still be big & chunky. I would leave them but if you wanted it black I would remove the handles altogether & have the doors flush, opening on a remote solenoid.

+1

Here's a quote fyi!!

"We have been receiving complaints from members of the public who have been dazzled by motorists using their front fog lights when there is absolutely no need.

"The legislation states they are only to be used in conditions where visibility is serious impaired – generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet).

"We will be issuing fixed penalty fines of £30 to drivers who leave their front fog lights on despite the clear conditions.

"We believe that some motorists, especially young ones, are confused about their front fog lights and their use.

"Basically, if the lights are on a separate switch with a warning light on the dashboard, these are fog lights, and should only be used in extreme conditions.

"If they come on when you flick on the main beam switch then they are driving lights not fog lights and will disappear when the lights are dipped or switched off.

"Also drivers should ensure they remember to switch off rear fog lights after use as they can mask the brake lights of the car as well as dazzling motorists travelling behind."

Here's a quote fyi!!

"We have been receiving complaints from members of the public who have been dazzled by motorists using their front fog lights when there is absolutely no need.

"The legislation states they are only to be used in conditions where visibility is serious impaired – generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet).

"We will be issuing fixed penalty fines of £30 to drivers who leave their front fog lights on despite the clear conditions.

"We believe that some motorists, especially young ones, are confused about their front fog lights and their use.

"Basically, if the lights are on a separate switch with a warning light on the dashboard, these are fog lights, and should only be used in extreme conditions.

"If they come on when you flick on the main beam switch then they are driving lights not fog lights and will disappear when the lights are dipped or switched off.

"Also drivers should ensure they remember to switch off rear fog lights after use as they can mask the brake lights of the car as well as dazzling motorists travelling behind."

thats okay my brother is blind as a bat anyway :lol:

yeah i know not supposed to put them on got caught years ago funny as hell.he said to me why have you not got your rear fog light on

i said its not foggy

he said so why have you got your front one on then ?

fair play to him all i could do was laugh and reply good one :surrender:

If people drive around with their front fog lights on, I put my rear one on if they're behind me. Working on the theory that if they are struggling to see I should give them all the help they need. And main beam lights aren't going to make me switch it off, I already have blurred vision from the foglights.

If a car looks good it doesn't need need fog lights to do it - if it does, it's no good. And it defeats the object by blinding everyone anyway! :lol:

(And I happened to end up in a bush in a Mini a few years ago after the driver was blinded by the foglights on a Pug 406..... :dry: )

Limiter - I think it looks awsome! - Veilside3 front is like marmite - you either love it or hate it - personally I love it and am considering - tell me... what ground clearence does it give you - I have some nasty speed bumps where I live!

Also - can you let me know (in pm if necessary) how much your planned tints will cost?

Limiter - I think it looks awsome! - Veilside3 front is like marmite - you either love it or hate it - personally I love it and am considering - tell me... what ground clearence does it give you - I have some nasty speed bumps where I live!

Also - can you let me know (in pm if necessary) how much your planned tints will cost?

Hi mate remember I pm'd you about the kit where to get it and how much, well thats what you are looking at on my brothers car :thumbs: Ground clearence is fine, if a hump comes up you go at an angle and will clear fine.

Full tints set us back £50 each, superb job cos our friend owns shock graffix :thumbs:

thats a close call on those two kits havoc is nice in your colour but without the bonnet,veilside nice but not sure in your colour to be honest.

my bruv zedrush had one in your colour on pistonheads.com at the moment take look full veilside kit.

think a lot depends on who you get to paint and fit if they do the prep good then both will come out sweet !

not too much of a fan on big rear spoilers so i would opt without it. :thumbs:

As for the speed humps car is fine and its running tein s springs just take them carefully and angled.

havent seen a havoc in the uk as yet !

tints going 35 %.

i also think a lot of it depends on what wheels you are running, that can make or break the whole look of the car.

LOL - i dont like the 'squared' arches on the havoc - they should be 'rounded' like the Veilside - but the front on the Havoc is so cool - I just hope I can blend the two!

A good body shop will be able to work wonders, the two will be blended young Jedi :starwars::lol: