The cars being odd! :(

Bobby D

Started the car yesterday morning, big, noisey start as normal! Sounded great! 15min trip was fine! No dramas at all! Was only out the car 5 min till I started her up again and she sounded dead with a really wispy exhaust sound, like something was fluttering in it! Engine management light on and the traction control off light was on and so was SLIP! I revved slightly a few times and the car went back to normal, lights off, so drove home! Then fine the rest of the day!

Today I checked the oil, was a little low nothing major so I topped up and started her up! Sounded lovely but engine management light is on! I turnt her off and back on and she sounded dead again!

Now I'm posting on here!

She's not long ago had a new battery, and I'm guessing if she's fired up well on the first start I'm guessing it rules the battery out! But what do I know!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Bobby D

There's a guide in the Guides sub forum on how to read ECU codes and reset them. You'll need a stopwatch to time it properly.

Or if there's someone near you with an OBDii reader that would work too.

• Like 1

Sounds a lot like the problem I had. Mine came up with Error Code: P0340 - Camshaft position sensor (can't remember which bank, 1 or 2). Usually the issue I had was starting the car when it was warm especially. The way I did it was by unplugging the sensor until I had sourced another one to fit (can do it yourself even if, like me, you are not very knowledgable technically). You won't have traction for that time, but it can be fun.

Once you have new sensor, I just plugged it in, tightened the connecting screw, got an ECU reset and it's good to go!

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I bought this when I first got my car, and keep it in the upper storage compartment behind the passenger seat.

I usually have to use it when it's cold due to the exhaust. Very handy to have.

http://www.amazon.co...ords=odb reader

Plugs in just in front of your right knee, very easy to use.

Edited by RobPhoboS
  • Like 2

Big thank you to Wasso for poping over tonight! Unfortunately his reader doesn't pick up on JDMs :( but had a good chat :)

To get the code with the flashing light method, is it just a reset? Then the code will flash whilst it resets? (I'll just film it then post it on here)????

I'm struggling to find the link or thread on the forum about this!

Managed to reset the ECU so now the engine management light is off! I also filmed the flashing lights which should give me the code right????

Trying to up load the video now but photo bucket. Is being a pain!

I think a trip to Japex is in need!

Managed to reset the ECU so now the engine management light is off! I also filmed the flashing lights which should give me the code right????

Trying to up load the video now but photo bucket. Is being a pain!

I think a trip to Japex is in need!

No worries matey. Load it to youtube if Photobucket is being useless as usual.

Got it loading very slowly now onto photo bucket! So Video to follow shortly!

I'v looked at the codes and the way I'm reading it doesn't match to a code but when I'v got the video up I'll put it up on here!!!

All I think I know is it starts in a 3 and ends in a 2 hahaha but between them it flashes quickly 10 times which doesn't match a code!

But like I said this is just me learning of the guides and you guys!

So when the video is up I'll let people that know what there on about tell me how to actually read it and the code!

This is where I'm finding the codes, really helpful link so thank you!

http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=10300

• Like 1

Here's a trimmed down video!

Hope this shows the code!!!

th_6413C71B-ADAC-4195-8849-6825D006578D_zpswmgobjol.jpg

I have got a longer version I I'v cut it out haha but hopefully this is what you need!

Don't know if reminding people it's a JDM makes a difference but just thought I would mention it :D

If no one else comes back with codes! Or confirms this! When I'm back home I'll get the sensor out and have a look, give it a clean!

I'll also take some pictures! If needs be!

Cheers wasso!!!!

If anyone else sees a different code or can confirm this, that would be awesome!

Thank you in advance

Carb Cleaner!!! Don't use your hands or windowleen!!!!

Sensitive bit of equipment. Read up on here how to clean the MAF sensor. You may need a specific tool for removing the MAF if I recall. Can't think what the "bit" is called.

Sensitive bit of equipment. Read up on here how to clean the MAF sensor. You may need a specific tool for removing the MAF if I recall. Can't think what the "bit" is called.

It's a security torx screw, but can be fettled out with a small flat head :)

• Like 1

It's a security torx screw, but can be fettled out with a small flat head :)

That's the bleeder!!