Car now sounds 'lazy' upon start up...

MCook

Usually upon first startup in the morning, the zed will roar to life. A nice blap to wake the neighbours then the usual idle.

The past few days it has been rather tame, starts up with no 'blap' just a rather lazy, quiet, non blappy sound.... :lol: Almost as if the initial ignition and idle are all one sound, if that makes sense........

Maybe its just because its been really cold? I've noticed this a bit after not using my car much. Like for example, last week I used it just to drive a mile for a couple of days then start it up and it felt a little lazy on start-up.

I forgot to mention, the other day my oil light came on for a split second as I was cornering.

When stopped the pressure was around 10 psi, which is the lowest I have seen it which worried me. Has been topped up in the last week or so..

How would you like to be kicked into life while having a kip at -2'C :lol:

The battery will not be performing at its best during sub-zero temperatures for sure.

:lol:

It is difficulty getting up at the moment when it's so cold & dark outside, ...can't blame the Zed for wanting a slow start . :yawn:

• Like 2

Not worth it letting you down, I bought a battery yesterday, the Z luckily has a common "005" type so they arent all that expensive, I paid £55 for a Halfords own brand one using a trade card, but that took it down to the normal Ebay price for one inc delivery.

Mine was the original from 2007 so not doing bad, it was getting lazy so I put my trickle charger on it which helped but all the messing about fitting the stereo killed it and thought it wasn't worth waiting any longer,