BOSE STEREO CODE???

chocohercules

Hi Guys, I recently bought a second hand Head Unit due to mine dying and not loading any CD's saying Push Eject and not opening the cd insert slot. Radio and Tape worked fine just CD buggered with no response. I have now got a problem with the second unit and it looks like it requires a code or something stating "Wait then Secure" but doesnt give you anyway to enter a code??? I believe the code is in the serial number somewhere but what numbers do I use? Is it the last 4digits etc, etc...and does it have to be programmed by the main dealer? Thanks for any help. :):thumbs:

As far as I know they are not transferable from one car to another without loads of hassle and expense from nissan (if they will do it).

They are programmed to the car from factory, probably best to buy a branded replacement or you can remove the cd part from them both and swap the good cd part into your stereo, that works. :)

HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON!!!

I visited Zippypoos with this problem and used my old Bose with working CD player as a donor unit.

Managed to successfully transplant just the CD mechanism, which is kinda straight forward when using patience and care to where everything goes.

Tested after swap and worked fine.

• Like 2

HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON!!!

I visited Zippypoos with this problem and used my old Bose with working CD player as a donor unit.

Managed to successfully transplant just the CD mechanism, which is kinda straight forward when using patience and care to where everything goes.

Tested after swap and worked fine.

As I said. :)

Just try changing the front over- the pcb and buttons with the front plastic.

I was told this (The pcb) is where the code is held when I was changing the leds in mine and putting new plastic on the front due to scratching.

Should be easier than changing out the cd bit just a few plastic tabs to spring.