Porsche Caymen

jimmy1280

Servicing is expensive compared to the Zed, about double. £480 and £610 I think for minor and major, however, they only require servicing every 24 months to the Zed's 12 months which averages out about the same as the 350 :)

The Cayman is still better, in terms of the drive. The interior of the Cayman isn't that much better over the 370 than the 350, but that's about it.

I guess it depends how you view the 350 to 370, I guess. The 370 looks a bit more muscular than the Cayman, I think.

• Like 2

Aye, the 370 looks better than a Cayman, is a bit nicer inside and thats about it, as Ive said elsewhere the Cayman feels like a ext generation car compared to a Z33/Z34. Id add the 2014 PDK Cayman S is probably the single best road car Ive ever driven, its astonishing. :cloud9:

• Like 1

Guys had a drive today in a 3.4 Cayman S, looked amazing drove amazing, better balance than the Z you can really feel the weight difference. Steering response is excellent BUT!!

Personally I didnt like the interior don't get me wrong it's a nice place to be and superb quality but a bit functional if you know what I mean, if you could have the drive and body of the Porsche with the 350's interior it would be just perfect.

Now I don't know what to do ?????

Guys had a drive today in a 3.4 Cayman S, looked amazing drove amazing, better balance than the Z you can really feel the weight difference. Steering response is excellent BUT!!

Personally I didnt like the interior don't get me wrong it's a nice place to be and superb quality but a bit functional if you know what I mean, if you could have the drive and body of the Porsche with the 350's interior it would be just perfect.

Now I don't know what to do ?????

I suppose it comes down to just how good the drive is then

I've told my girlfriend I fancy trying one she's saying I must be mad she loves the z

• Like 1

I don't get how anyone can prefer the interior of a 350 to a 987. Better switchgear, better layout, better leather, better plastics... I don't get that at all.

The optional pcm2.1 is terrible, but then so is the Bose in the Zed so I'd call that a draw. Standard seats are more functional than the sofa style ones in the Nissan, so I'll give that one to the Zed as I preferred them! Sports seats or better in the Cayman trump both though.

Each to their own. I still like the interior of the 996!

• Like 1

I don't get how anyone can prefer the interior of a 350 to a 987. Better switchgear, better layout, better leather, better plastics... I don't get that at all.

The optional pcm2.1 is terrible, but then so is the Bose in the Zed so I'd call that a draw. Standard seats are more functional than the sofa style ones in the Nissan, so I'll give that one to the Zed as I preferred them! Sports seats or better in the Cayman trump both though.

Each to their own. I still like the interior of the 996!

I've never really looked into caymans that much and don't know which one you would go for in your opinion which is the best model/with what options

To be fair, the interior of both cars isn't great.

The 350z's interior was great back in 2004 but it hasn't aged well in particular all the cheap plastics that mark so easily.

The Cayman's interior isn't exactly inspirational either, it's a bit Germanic......

Maybe you were expecting more being a 'Porsche'??

To be fair, one of the main reasons I stayed away from 987 & 997 Porsches previously was because the interiors were sooooo dull. Then I saw the new 981 interior and I was sold and ordered a new Cayman GTS. Then two months later cancelled that (for other reasons) and ended up in a 987 R! :wacko:

• Like 1

The interior in yours does look very nice mate unfortunately I only have 16k Max to spend which isn't quite gonna get me what I want, for me it's just the layout of the Z it feels and looks for a younger man even though your correct the quality isn't great

To be fair, the interior of both cars isn't great.

The 350z's interior was great back in 2004 but it hasn't aged well in particular all the cheap plastics that mark so easily.

The Cayman's interior isn't exactly inspirational either, it's a bit Germanic......

Maybe you were expecting more being a 'Porsche'??

To be fair, one of the main reasons I stayed away from 987 & 997 Porsches previously was because the interiors were sooooo dull. Then I saw the new 981 interior and I was sold and ordered a new Cayman GTS. Then two months later cancelled that (for other reasons) and ended up in a 987 R! :wacko:

Assuming 987, money no object but no R, I'd have a gen2 3.4 manual with PCM3, heated adaptive seats, climate control, standard wheels and PASM. Oh, and PSE!

On the budget end, a 2.7 manual with no PCM, sport seats, climate, standard wheels and no PASM (but enough cash to fit new Bilsteins) would be a cracking little car. Maybe get the 3.4 if you really must have the extra oomph, but the standard car is lovely and less prone to bore scoring.

Bigger wheels and no PASM is a no-no as the ride is too firm, and tbh the gen1 PASM isn't that great anyway. You'd definitely want a different exhaust on it too, but the PSE is too expensive for an early car.