Any plumbers around?Leaking bath into downstairs flat!

skidder

I know this sounds stupid but run my bath again and possibly more water downstairs?I can do this just a bit worried about more damage.

There is a manhole outside I know of.

So you're saying fill my bath up then let the water run out and go and look at the manhole and see if water is running freely?Would that be correct?

I spoke to the neighbour and she says the sewers often overflow?

Not sure if thats any help..

Just a very wild thought ... if you are in the top flat then there should be fire comartmentation between your flat and the ground floor ... so there should be an intumescent collar on all plastic drainage over 50 mm diameter ... this maybe causing a partial blockage (or be leaking)

Edited by ATTAK Z

Yes, fill the bath with some water and see if its running out in the manhole. If its only trickling out then the soil pipe is blocked

OK i'll give that a go now thanks.Whats the minimum I could get away with water wise.1/2 a bath or less/more?

Could the semi blocked sink have anything to do with it as it looks like the soil pipe runs from under the bath under the toilet and then to the sink and I guess out?

The sink problem may just a blocked trap under the sink. You could unscrew this yourself and have a look.

Just use enough water to give you chance to get outside and see it flowing past...or you could get someone to flush the toilet for you if its next to the bath

The sink problem may just a blocked trap under the sink. You could unscrew this yourself and have a look.

Just use enough water to give you chance to get outside and see it flowing past...or you could get someone to flush the toilet for you if its next to the bath

Right I filled the bath up a 1/4 and ran downstairs.

The manhole just has a pipe obviously.

Nothing came out if anything a minisquile drip.

Ok, so you reckon the soil pipe isn't blocked.

I think you need to lift floorboards above the damp ceiling patch and see exactly where the water is coming from.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess as its in my neighbours ground floor we will have to go through her ceiling?

There is no other access.

This doesn't sound good.

its coming from the corner of her ceiling cove and dripping down the wall but only after about 12 hours.

So would mean entering her ceiling I guess.

Otherwise work down from my 1st floor boards?

Sorry I know this is hard without seeing the problem.

Do any of the pipes go down between floors in that corner?

I think I would move the bath out of the way to gain access rather than start pulling her ceiling down

Ive just had a good look down there and theres no pipes under the bath.

I can see all the pipes.none are leaking or wet patches so no need to remove the bath in my opinion.

It looks like the copper pipe starts from the sink goes under the toilet and into the bath.

I can see nearly all the copper pipes and waste pipes.Nothing is leaking.

I'm totally stumped.

There has to be a leak between my bathroom and going downstairs and into her coving near her front door which seems to be directly above my bathroom.

This is driving me insane!!

Just a very wild thought ... if you are in the top flat then there should be fire comartmentation between your flat and the ground floor ... so there should be an intumescent collar on all plastic drainage over 50 mm diameter ... this maybe causing a partial blockage (or be leaking)

these collars fit around the ouside of a pipe and crush it in case of fire - so not sure how it would cause a blockage (or be leaking) unless there's been fire recently :wacko: