Decat question...

sam350z2013

Hi :)

Completely new to the decat scene but was thinking to try it out as picked up a pair. Will it cause anything to go bad as such (sorry to ask this if it's obvious)? Anyway to stop the engine management light from triggering too?

Thanks to all that view and comment ! Much appreciated

O2 spacers (available from Clark Motorsport) "may" stop the EML from coming on but doesn't work for everyone all of the time unfortunately. Still they are cheap to buy at around £12 each so always worth a shot. ;)

Fuel consumption will go up though most likely, ...as you'll probably press the loud pedal more often just for the noise. :teeth:

I'm new to decat too, been doing some research and it seems that there is a spacer called the sensor 'fooler' that will stop the management light. I think Zmanalex sells them here, not very expensive. Not sure about performance (gain/loss) thought, but you'll need a remap/uprev to gain hp.

O2 spacers (available from Clark Motorsport) "may" stop the EML from coming on but doesn't work for everyone all of the time unfortunately. Still they are cheap to buy at around £12 each so always worth a shot. ;)

Fuel consumption will go up though most likely, ...as you'll probably press the loud pedal more often just for the noise. :teeth:

I must type faster :o

• Like 1

I must type faster :o

:lol:;)

• Like 1

Is there a guide on how to fit the decats and 02 spacers?

anyone see their fuel economy drop hugely or just a bit as I'm curious ?

Haven't seen a guide for fitting but it will be very easy to do if you have a lift or high enough ramps. Might be a PITA though if you plan on fitting them just on axle stands on your driveway. Problem can be removing the old standard Cats especially if the bolts/nuts have seized on at all.

It's also a bit awkward getting to the first set of 3 bolts/nuts where the Cats connect to the manifold. I think if I'm right you can get at two easily enough from under the car but then the third one is best tackled from topside through the engine bay (some people remove things for easier access again).

I had a garage fit mine as I was having other work done at the same time but most garages shouldn't charge you too much for fitting them, ...maybe £50-£100 tops I'd have thought depending on labour charges.

The O2 sensor spacers just screw in place & then the O2 sensors screw into them so nothing complicated there. ;)

Can't comment on the fuel economy side of things though as I'm FI but tbh I'd imagine it shouldn't really be any different. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I fitted my HFCs on axel stands and it wasn't too bad, need a few extensions for the ratchet mind you. I also fitted Spacers into the Y pipe but made no difference to the EML, which is fine as it's an excellent excuse to get an Uprev :teeth:

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info :) anyone got a link where I can the O2 spacers frm?

Send a PM (private message) to these guys, Clark Motorsport; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/207-clark-motorsport/

Just hover your cursor arrow over their user name in their section and you'll see the "send message" icon pop up. They should be able to help. :thumbs:

• Like 1