Dickie Gearbox

Pritchard

posted in the Service Section... cant really see a better place for it?

I've just had a bit of an issue with my gearbox, i am hoping its my error.

Driving down the motoway about 70, i've shifted from 5th into 6th, and 6th crunched. not the usual stiffness, i mean actually crunched. as if my clutch wasnt pushed all the way.

It did the same this morning from 1st into 2nd. at about 2,000 rpm.

the 'interesting' thing is that about 10min before the crunch on yesterdays motoway i said out loud to the missus ''thats strange, my gearstick feels funny'', the weight shift in my hand felt different. < how technical does that sound! lol

Clutch was replaced about 7,000 miles ago.

IF it turns out you need a gearbox, I'll have one for sale in January from a 2006 revup (which I understand was the better gearbox - can't say why I'm not that technically minded.

Price will be competitively cheap.

• Like 1

Same as Commander, I get a 6th gear crunch if revs are not well matched. Sign that the synchro mesh it on its way out I believe. Can work around it and do a swap when it gets really bad and take opportunity to do a few bits at the same time :thumbs:

IF it turns out you need a gearbox, I'll have one for sale in January from a 2006 revup (which I understand was the better gearbox - can't say why I'm not that technically minded.

Is that the CD0009 gearbox - I remember looking into these when I owned a Zed, apparently these had less issues with the grinding gears and much less synchro mesh issues of the older boxes which are quite clunky (in my opinion, some people like clunky boxes)

Is that the CD0009 gearbox - I remember looking into these when I owned a Zed, apparently these had less issues with the grinding gears and much less synchro mesh issues of the older boxes which are quite clunky (in my opinion, some people like clunky boxes)

Yup CD0009 - Mine has been faultless, even on 110k miles. No difficult gears, happy with quick shifting. Hence it will be up for sale as it's in useable condition without issue. If there were any issues with it I'd either offload it for peanuts or dump it.

Edited by Wasso