Hope to be a new owner

kash

Hi guys,

Just thought I’d say hi before I start bothering you with q's :-)

I have now decided on and got my heart set on a 350Z GT Coupe. Always loved the look and sound of them, although have never actually driven one, but I just want one.

The only problem I seem to have is I have my heart set on the Azure Blue, yet I can’t seem to find a 07/08 coupe in it. Did they discontinue that colour at all?

I have always bought my car's from enthusiast forums so hopefully I can have one of the many beauties on here :-)

Can I also shout out admin who were heloing me out with my account at 8am this morning, dont whose sader, me or you :p

Edited by kash

Welcome to the forum... :)

The Azure Blue was phased out in 2006, there are some late registered Azures on 07 plates... :)

:ohmy:

Well, thats changed it a bit, going to have to decide between colour or power lol

Edited by kash

Welcome to the forum... :)

The Azure Blue was phased out in 2006, there are some late registered Azures on 07 plates... :)

I was going to say, I hadnt really thought about it until this thread but your right, ive never seen a late model in blue. I think from 2007 onwards black & grey were more popular so they made more in that colour before white became the "in" colour around 2009 onwards.

Welcome along for the ride!

I originally wanted an Azure too, seems to be the most sought after colour (for good reason!)

Somehow I ended up with yellow though :surrender:

I'd say be a bit more open minded with colour as you may get a better car, since Azure's are less common, but I completely understand you are set on one colour

Good luck with the search :thumbs:

Edited by terry06

Welcome along for the ride!

I originally wanted an Azure too, seems to be the most sought after colour (for good reason!)

Somehow I ended up with yellow though :surrender:

I'd say be a bit more open minded with colour as you may get a better car, since Azure's are less common, but I completely understand you are set on one colour

Good luck with the search :thumbs:

I get what your saying about being open minded and may get a better car and wouldnt turn down a better car. I just know if i don't try my best to find an Azure, it will always bother me. If have tried and couldn't find what I was looking for, I wouldn't be disappointed with a Gunmetal ;)

Edited by kash
  • Like 1

I've got a 56 plate Azure and love it, why not get a Rev-Up if you want the best colour? ;)

Rev-up they are the 05/06 ones right.

I guess 300 isn't far of 313, Plus im hell bent on the colour!

Yes mate. Its a facelift version so has some extras over the DE. Just they're 300 instead of 313 bhp and they don't have the hump bonnets, that's pretty much the only difference between the Rev-Up and HR models.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Just thought of somethign after looking through the for sales. Is a 350Z GT and a 350Z "with GT Pack" the same thing?

In theory yes, but we do often see seller's not really know what they have and descriptions are wrong as a result. Also, things like "GT Pack" and "'fully loaded' GT pack" sometimes mean different things - most notably Sat Nav, iirc.

• Like 1

I've got a 56 plate Azure and love it, why not get a Rev-Up if you want the best colour? ;)

Yes mate. Its a facelift version so has some extras over the DE. Just they're 300 instead of 313 bhp and they don't have the hump bonnets, that's pretty much the only difference between the Rev-Up and HR models.

The HR engine had 80% of its internal components redesigned or strengthened to handle the increased RPM.

It has larger crank bearings and reinforced main caps.

It breathes better with dual intakes and is a much improved engine.

The HR engine had 80% of its internal components redesigned or strengthened to handle the increased RPM.

It has larger crank bearings and reinforced main caps.

It breathes better with dual intakes and is a much improved engine.

With dual air takes you mean the dual air gilters yes? was that not only on 2008 onwards.

The dual intakes which feed air into the engine via the 2 air filters.

They are fitted to all HR engines, mine included which is a 2007 model

DOH! !

Sorry, just relaised you were talking baout the HR engine, not Rev-up!

• Like 1