bonnets

maz2001

well i have been looking around and all the ones i have see so far are grp carbon skinned at about £600, i would do them at about £475 plus post, full carbon would be about £650 , not going to be starting my bonnet till after xmas , as i have three other bonnets i am on with at the min , do i need to be a trader to sell on this site as i pay to sell my parts on other sites

thanks peter

well i have been looking around and all the ones i have see so far are grp carbon skinned at about £600, i would do them at about £475 plus post, full carbon would be about £650 , not going to be starting my bonnet till after xmas , as i have three other bonnets i am on with at the min , do i need to be a trader to sell on this site as i pay to sell my parts on other sites

thanks peter

Following this now, look forward to seeing your work :thumbs:

• Like 2

Pricing is a bit too high as there are already traders on this forum with branded carbon bonnets for that price.

And aye if you want to trade on the forum, you'll need to speak to a admin :)

are they full carbon most are grp with a carbon skin

thanks peter

Following this now, look forward to seeing your work :thumbs:

+1 will be good to see how it goes :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

is laying carbon fiber the same as laying CSL (Chopped Strand Mat) GRP??? I used to do alot of it and may in the future develop a new bonnet from GRP with vents and the such.

no mate carbon has to be vac bagged and injected or wet lay up , but to get the best finish with no air injected is the way to go , the moulding is not the same as grp they have to have flanges all the way around the part so you can put your bags to

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...