remap completed

Dashurik

Some real rubbish being spouted about the upRev on this thread, anyone who can't tell the difference before & after must have a problem with the car or the tune wasn't done correctly. Lots of members over the years have had their Zeds done and been more than happy, so why all of a sudden is it getting such a slating? I guess £400 is a lot to spend on a cheap car like a Zed now, but when you couldn't find one for much under £10k it made more sense. Maybe after all these years of making money on upRevs the price should be coming down?

I don't think I had problem with my zed before remap,but I physically don't see a difference in driving after remap was done! Im not going to pretend and say :"yeah,zed drives like a rocket now".This is what this forum is about,discuss things ,either they good or bad or neutral!

I really hope remap was done correctly ! Don't see a reason why it should be done otherwise!

I would also add that while I loved the throttle controller to start with I stopped using it, particularly on track and while doing skids as I found it removed some of the throttle control, which makes sense I suppose :)

Likewise. It was amazing first of all, then after a week you realise that it just makes the car a twitchy mess when you really want a subtle pedal control. At that point you turn it down from 7 to about 4, and then it's just about okay.

And then you realise it's still a bit irritating, so you just take it off and go back to exactly how it was, and suddenly you have all your throttle control back and everyone's happy!

If it's absolute figures you're after, Uprev is ace. If you just want to go faster, then £400 on Walshy at Carlimits will make you go much, much quicker.

• Like 1

Some real rubbish being spouted about the upRev on this thread, anyone who can't tell the difference before & after must have a problem with the car or the tune wasn't done correctly. Lots of members over the years have had their Zeds done and been more than happy, so why all of a sudden is it getting such a slating? I guess £400 is a lot to spend on a cheap car like a Zed now, but when you couldn't find one for much under £10k it made more sense. Maybe after all these years of making money on upRevs the price should be coming down?

I don't think I had problem with my zed before remap,but I physically don't see a difference in driving after remap was done! Im not going to be to pretend and say :"yeah,zed drives like a rocket now".This is what this forum is about,discuss things ,either they good or bad or neutral!

I really hope remap was done correctly ! Don't see a reason why it should be done otherwise!

Indeed. I don't think people should be accused of talking rubbish if they give an honest opinion. Perhaps different driving styles, expectations etc come into play but I frankly don't think I noticed a difference. I think I tried to convince myself I did, but I didn't. There was nothing wrong with my car and I'm sure Abbey did their usual high quality work. Perhaps I was just expecting too much.

I can't work out if you're being ironic but just in case you're not, nobody is suggesting re-maps don't work or having a pop at Abbey. It's just that not everyone has noticed the difference they were expecting or feels that the expense was justified for them.

• Like 1

I don't think I had problem with my zed before remap,but I physically don't see a difference in driving after remap was done! Im not going to pretend and say :"yeah,zed drives like a rocket now".This is what this forum is about,discuss things ,either they good or bad or neutral!

Of course :)

Do you not at least notice the throttle response is much better now?

All I noticed is my bank account become £400 lighter .Just increased figures on the dyno paperwork ! -:) Driving is the same as it was before remap...

• Like 1

All I noticed is my bank account become £400 lighter .Just increased figures on the dyno paperwork ! -:) Driving is the same as it was before remap...

Unless you had a throttle controller I can't see how you can't notice WOT in 1st > 3rd :shrug:

Sounds like something isn't right... main thing I noticed was more mid range torque :)