Full respray?

MDMetal

To do the RS Green Gold Perl on mine, I was quote 1500.00 and thats a complete strip down. But I am in South Wales.

Another option is to Plasti Dip. Check out Dip your Car dot com on youtube. The colours these days will blow your mind. You can now get glossifiers etc and do not have to be matte colour. Im seriously considering do this myself. 4 gallons and a sprayer and all other stuff will set be back about 350. And if its crap...you can peel it off and start again. Ive studied all the video tutorials on there and its a piece of cake. Look at the ALIEN series of paint that change colour as you walk around the car. As I said - Plastidip has come along long way.

Where can you get a full colour change for that price around here? :surrender:

I paid nearly double that for a same colour respray & I was less than impressed with their work :thumbdown:

I have gone for plenty of colour changes on previous cars and never paid more than £2k from reputable sprayers, that includes shut lines but not under the bonnet.

I have paid as little as a £1k but look hard and it showed flaws (not surprisingly).

With the cost of decent wraps etc i see no point, unless your wrapping something you want to be able to return to the original colour or a finish that isnt oem car manufacturer, imho of course.

Having tried plasti dip i would not consider it for a full car.

Edited by Jetpilot

How easy is it to unwrap the car if you later decided to go back to the original colour?

probably about a days work to do it lovingly, probably less if you rush. The glue is the worst thing to get off imo, although the pro's like zippypooz might have some better/faster methods

How easy is it to unwrap the car if you later decided to go back to the original colour?

probably about a days work to do it lovingly, probably less if you rush. The glue is the worst thing to get off imo, although the pro's like zippypooz might have some better/faster methods

Like AliveBoy said, Id allow a day although ive done a Mini in about 4.5 hours. If theres two of you then halve that time. Wrapping material is designed to leave as little adhesive on the car as possible when removed, its best to heat it with a heat gun (bout £20 from Wickes!) when removing it, preferably with two people, one to heat, the other to pull of the material. most of the glue should stay on the vinyl. Hexis no13 cleaner is a good vinyl glue remover which wont eat into your paintwork!! Hope this helps!! :D