veefs 2004 GT build

veef13

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a bit of a build thread on plans for my car and what has been done so far.

Previously having had a number of Jap cars, celica's (gen 5 and 7), stage 1a s14 200x, then moved to a couple of BMWs, most recently being a 650i which on all accounts was a fantastic car, although lacking a little feel. I wanted to move back to Jap, a car I've always wanted, and one I could fettle. Enter this 2004 Azure GT as a part-x with money my way.

Car was standard when I got it.

IMG_0019.jpg

Here is the build list so far:

Performance

Plenum spacer

Cosworth panel filter

Velocity stack

Scorpion Y-Pipe back

Toyosports Y-Pipe

UpRev remap (282Bhp)

Hawk HPS front pads

DBA 4000 T3 front disks

Visual

Tarmac Sports skirts/steps

Tarmac Sports GT Style Lip

LEDs all round

Stubby

Tinted side repeaters

Black and Carbon side Z badges

Black front and rear Z badges

New car mats

Additional rear sound deadening

Audio

Brodit car specific mount and holder

Double DIN Pioneer headunit

"Buster" mod amp boost

Reversing camera

Following a quick trip to the Z Shed for a once over to check car was ok, and to be told its far to quiet! (Thanks Chirs and Bob), gearbox fluid was swapped out and molyslip added at trusted local garage, and I replaced the rear pads with OEM for now as the old yellow stuff were shot.

GB then came up for a Tarmac GT Style front lip, so thats sat in storage waiting test fit, then gloss black paint.

Excellent deal came up for some side steps, so snapped these up, thanks Andy James :thumbs:

Edited by veef13
  • Like 1

And thats pretty much where she stands at the moment.

Hope to get the GT lip on this weekend, and decide 100% on paint for it. I'm thinking gloss black to keep a gloss black theme along the bottom of the car, which will match the diffuser I'll order in the new year.

May well paint the door handles to match the wheels too, and possibly gloss black the mirrors.

One final pic for now from Monday and the first real frost of the year :D

IMG_0011.jpg

Looks great mate , gloss black front lip will look lovely with the side steps :)

:thumbs: thats what I as thinking, will look great with the gloss black diffuser too.

Only issue I may have is ground clearance, so test fit, and if too low for my drive, will sell on and get a Mines style lip instead :D

• Like 1

Very nice so far veef. ;)

Re: The exhaust system: I see you put Milltek or Invidia ~ one vote here for the Invidia system and I'll give you two very good reasons. No mesh flexi joints on the "Y-pipe" unlike the Milltek and also it is a true dual exhaust system. B)

Honestly I am biased as I have the Invidia but for a good reason. :D

Cheers GM.

Narrowed down to those two systems as want a refined sound, with no rasp and not too loud. I have been leaning towards the rolled titanium tipped invidia more recently, until I heard AndyJames' Milltek which sounded lovely. Time will tell, and any deals that come up.

Would like to hear each system at some point with HFCs on a NA zed, so hope to get to some meets.

Will be a while before sorting exhaust and other related mods.

Edited by veef13

I did have Berks HFC's with the Invidia Gemini system on mine which imo sounded great ~ no rasps or drone and a nice deep tone on WOT.

Since going the supercharged route though I have swapped out the Berks HFC's for Berks De-Cats which gives an even greater sound imo. Obviously though they're not very MOT friendly. :thumbdown::lol:

• 1 month later...

Few little updates on the Z :D

Wasso plenum spacer

plenum.jpg

Carbon Z decal and gloss black Z badge

carbonz.jpg

Next up tint side repeaters, retint front reflectors, new radio, reversing camera etc... :thumbs:

Edited by veef13
  • Like 1