Insurance renewal

chirag1988

Sucks that my insurance renewal falls in the most expensive month of the year!

Searched around a few places, spoke to Adrian Flux and Prestige and they were wayyyy too expensive.

Re-quoted with Admiral and together with my daily runner Polo, cheapest they could do is £1500...I'm guessing this is bumped up due to the 6 points I picked up in Wales :(

Going to check with Sky and Chris Knott tomorrow as well to see if they can do any better.

Any other recommendations?

Sucks that my insurance renewal falls in the most expensive month of the year!

Searched around a few places, spoke to Adrian Flux and Prestige and they were wayyyy too expensive.

Re-quoted with Admiral and together with my daily runner Polo, cheapest they could do is £1500...I'm guessing this is bumped up due to the 6 points I picked up in Wales :(

Going to check with Sky and Chris Knott tomorrow as well to see if they can do any better.

Any other recommendations?

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to taker another look at the quotation to see if there is anything else we can do.

Regards,

Dan.

I hate it when insurance companies say "give us another chance to see if we can do better" ... do it right first time and if you are the best deal you'll get my business ... FYI I'm not in the habit of doing everything twice - life's too short so give me your best price when I ask you for it or get to the back of the queue

Your choice ...

• Like 2

My advice Chirag is get onto "go compare" or a similar website.

That's how I have done my Insurance for the last few years except the last where I needed to declare the supercharger etc so needed to speak to a company that knew the score with that (Adrian Flux ;) ).

Link: http://www.gocompare.com/

Good luck. :thumbs:

So got it all sorted now. Adrian Flux wanted 1700 just for the zed!! No thank you!

Ended up going with sky insurance and they got my premium down to 1260 for both my zed and polo (business insurance on polo too) and all mods covered like for like. Was the cheapest I could get with the points, the low NCB I have and I'm more satisfied with mods getting covered like for like :thumbs:

Thanks all for your input :)

So got it all sorted now. Adrian Flux wanted 1700 just for the zed!! No thank you!

Ended up going with sky insurance and they got my premium down to 1260 for both my zed and polo (business insurance on polo too) and all mods covered like for like. Was the cheapest I could get with the points, the low NCB I have and I'm more satisfied with mods getting covered like for like :thumbs:

Glad you sorted it. £1700!!!!....and there was me thinking they were 'sportscar insurers'!!? errrrrrrr :wacko:

Glad you sorted it. £1700!!!!....and there was me thinking they were 'sportscar insurers'!!? errrrrrrr :wacko:

Tell me about it! To be fair the guy I spoke to was nice enough to tell me I'd be better off elsewhere anyway and apologised that he couldn't do any better. Well that's another year sorted, now just gotta wait 6 months to be hit with the £500 road tax :(

Tell me about it! To be fair the guy I spoke to was nice enough to tell me I'd be better off elsewhere anyway and apologised that he couldn't do any better. Well that's another year sorted, now just gotta wait 6 months to be hit with the £500 road tax :(

hahaha yup my tax is due at the end of this month!!!!!!!!! :scare:

they got my premium down to 1260 for both my zed and polo

Have you got NCB on both cars? When I tried to insure a cheapie old banger for a daily car, most insurance companies were quoting me £900 for my zed (that was with 20 years NCB and a clean license) and then wanted £800 to insure some old banger as I had no NCB on it. So for me that made it uneconomical to run 2 cars and so I ended up just running my zed all year around. I even tried the so called multi car policies and they were actually more expensive.

they got my premium down to 1260 for both my zed and polo

Have you got NCB on both cars? When I tried to insure a cheapie old banger for a daily car, most insurance companies were quoting me £900 for my zed (that was with 20 years NCB and a clean license) and then wanted £800 to insure some old banger as I had no NCB on it. So for me that made it uneconomical to run 2 cars and so I ended up just running my zed all year around. I even tried the so called multi car policies and they were actually more expensive.

Yes mate I have 2yrs on the polo and 1yr on the zed. I need my polo as my daily to be honest so it's a sacrifice I have to make