Choosing a badminton racquet - advice needed please

twobears

I've just taken up badminton again after a long break due to hurting my shoulder (think more than a decade :blush: ) and I bought myself a cheapish racquet (£25) which has broken after only a couple of hours playing :wacko: It's the strings that have gone and the shop have said they will replace it as a gesture of goodwill but I am wondering if I should get something better? I am quite a hard hitter and there's no point paying to get my racquet re-strung after every match :scare:

Does anyone here play who can give me some advice on the best brand to choose please? :)

I'm not a pro but i also play a bit after a couple shoulder injuries, I'd just say make sure you use your wrist as much as possible to take the load of your shoulder,

from what i've been told you need to look at the flexibility of the racket shaft as well as the the tightness of the string tension to suit your playing style/stroke.

Is your racket carbon?

• Like 1

Can I ask for some advice regarding condoms on this thread or do I need to start my own? :lol:

I once put a condom over the end of a friends racket handle - he was not please as he couldn't grip it very well after that - it kept flying out of his hand :lol::blush:

I don't understand about the condoms :surrender: I daren't say anything else now.

Flamez, no, it's not carbon. It gives the weight, flexibility and balance stats on the handle but they mean very little to me. I think I am just going to have to go to a larger sports shop than the one I originally went to and swish the racquets around until I find one that, ahem, fits nicely in my hand and feels right :blush:

You say:

I don't understand about the condoms :surrender:

and then:

..it's not carbon. It gives the weight, flexibility and balance on the handle but they mean very little to me. I think I am just going to have to go to larger until I find one that, ahem, fits nicely in my hand and feels right :blush:

I'm confused... :surrender::blush:

• Like 2

But I didn't think I'd said anything that could be misconstrued until my last post? :dry: I know that talk of shafts etc will always lead to 'misunderstandings' but I really wanted to find out which racquets to look at and not do my usual blundering about on here and making gaffes that always get turned into double entendres :blush:

Hm, I'll get me coat :blush:

I never thought that badminton was such a risqué sport. On the plus side I have definitely improved this week and managed to win all three doubles matches with a borrowed club racquet which, fortunately, I didn't manage to break :teeth: