Quoted Happy

ATTAK Z

• 3 weeks later...

Well I thought I was doing OK ... so here's the latest news ... I've bought a Jaguar XJL 3.0 Diesel to replace the CLK 350 and One Point want an additional £280.00 to cover me for this for the next 11 months ... yep that's over double the premium just to change my car for one of similar performance ...

I find that totally unfreekinbelievable ...

Can anyone explain please ?

As above ^

Insurance companys also go by statistics so if this particular model of car has had more claims paid out for it that can affect your price too.

All different insurers risk vehicles differently now so it's always a risky bussiness changing your car part way through the policy.

It's not just performance but what it costs to repair if the worst was to happen, also vehicles value will come into it aswell.

So you think an extra £280 on top of the £220 already paid is reasonable ? ... bear in mind I can just cancel the existing policy and get a totally new one for £230

reasonable and insurance companies shouldn't be in the same sentence. different firms have different rates.

Just because One Call were cheap for your Merc doesn't mean they would have been the cheapest for you Jag if you was to shop around for it like it was renewal time.

reasonable and insurance companies shouldn't be in the same sentence. different firms have different rates.Just because One Call were cheap for your Merc doesn't mean they would have been the cheapest for your Jag if you were to shop around for it like it was renewal time.

One call have quoted £247.76 for new insurance

Edited to post accurate quote for totally new insurance by One Call

Edited by ATTAK Z

reasonable and insurance companies shouldn't be in the same sentence. different firms have different rates.

Just because One Call were cheap for your Merc doesn't mean they would have been the cheapest for your Jag if you were to shop around for it like it was renewal time.

One call have quoted about £300 for new insurance

Ask the the reason why then, or cancel and go elsewhere.