Help! car not left garage for 8 days on emissions

NIsmo85

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry for my second post to be an age old one and asking for help but I’m genuinely getting worried I’ll never actually drive my car again. I bought a car over a week ago that the current owner was putting through the MOT as I was getting the train from London to Newcastle. Halfords had said it failed on a blowing OS flexi on the y piece. I took the car off the guy anyway trusting Halfords opinion and took it to a garage in near York to get the new bit on (at £270) But the car has now failed on emissions, hydro carbons and carbon monoxide. However the garage don’t seem to have a clue how to fix it. They have suggested knackered cats, but is there a chance it could just need a proper full on service if it hasn’t been done for a while? Guy in the garage reckons cats could be £500, is that right? I’m losing faith that they know how to deal with this kind of car.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or know a emissions friendly testing station in the north east? Sorry to jump on this straight away but I really am getting concerned they don’t know what their doing with a 350z

Paul

You can get a pair of stock CATS sub £100 easily - I have a pair laying around for 1 ;)

Service and a damn good run first though to clean her out and get the CATs hot if she still fails - then you change them.

You can get a pair of stock CATS sub £100 easily - I have a pair laying around for 1 ;)

he should snatch your hand offering cats for 1 (1p or even at the ridiculous cost of £1)

Sorry £1M

:lol:

Don't pick on me - sir, sir he is a bully

:p

• Like 1

If your in the North east ,I,ve got a pair of cats done 24 k will need Lambo sensors as they were transferred to my cobra hfc,s.

One Might need the thread re tapping as the old Lamborghini was seized in and could have stripped the thread when removed.

P.m. Me if interested.