Why oh why

RafsZed

Rag tops are generally heavier due to the additional stiffening needed due to the lack of structure. Apart from the fact that I think all the 350/70 rag top lineup look like boats from the rear/side, who would want to reduce the capability and increase complexity on this kind of car?

Rag tops are generally heavier due to the additional stiffening needed due to the lack of structure. Apart from the fact that I think all the 350/70 rag top lineup look like boats from the rear/side, who would want to reduce the capability and increase complexity on this kind of car?

Me - i love the look of the convertible 370, depends on the colour though, in red or white it really has got a huge arse. In black rose its just lovely

• Like 1

Me - i love the look of the convertible 370, depends on the colour though, in red or white it really has got a huge arse. In black rose its just lovely

Yes Rosie looks slimmer in her little black (rose) dress ;)

• Like 1

With Will on this one! Owned mine for few years now and can probably count on one hand how many other roadsters I have seen and of course the black rose is the sweetest colour for hiding that slightly big butt. It will be a sad day when I have to part company with this car as I have had more fun in UK and Europe with the 370 over both my earlier Zeds, most of this is down to the open top motoring. Let's hope they don't kill it off for the next version or put a hairdryer sized engine in it with a turbo attached.

Targa Tops rock! Loved the one on my VX (alright thats not a true Targa but closer to that than a rag top) - you feel a bit less exposed but still get the benefit of the sun on you!

I think the Z range has to go turbo if its to stay alive...

• Like 1

The hair dryer comment wasn't derogatory I have had some great turbo cars with more grunt than 370z. The Zed has never been about loads of power, its a GT. It's more about the Zed maintaining character and that chunkiness which you can't get from a four. if Nissan do turbo a 4 cylinder limp which they probably will as this seems to be the way the market is going it would detract me as a potential customer. Let wait and see. Still always fancied a Vette Z06. No replacement for displacement hey

• 2 weeks later...