Heated seats cutting out

Jalada

With the heated seats on high, they will eventually cut out and go cold. Eventually, they will cut back in again. This doesn't happen on the lower setting, where they can stay on all the time.

I'm guessing there's some over-heating protection cutting them out, but surely they shouldn't get to that stage? I'm not sure they've always done this, but then they're not often on the high setting.

Anyone else experienced this?

I'm guessing there's some over-heating protection cutting them out, but surely they shouldn't get to that stage?

Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, there's a thermostat in there that prevents the elements from overheating.

Pete

I believe when heated seats 1st came out you could not get them with leather seats due to the heat drying out, cracking and shrinking the leather.

After some annoyance from the leather seat brigade, a protective layer was put around the element with a cut out switch at about 20 mins.

Certainly where Nissans are concerned my Nissan Patrol and 2 pathfinders had a 20 min cut out.

Maybe that's how long it took the seats to reach the temp.

Very similar to the heated back screen and mirrors, they cut out after about 20mins.

• Like 1