need help ASAP both windows not working

jimmy.farrow7

Hello guys,

Right ive just made a 20 minute journey to a family members house after arriving I tried to do my drivers side window up and nothing happened, i also tried to put my passenger window down and i got no response. So I have 2 windows which dont respond, is there anyway i can just put my window up as i go offshore tonight and need my car to be secure or has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be

There are two 10a fuses that relate to the windows, in the fuse box above the BCM, check these,

also check you haven't knocked on the window lock button,

The windows are also linked into the door switches so check the grounds on these as they can effect the operation, The BCM controls the whole system so if there is problem with this, it will cause problems,

or its just the motor needs cleaning which will entail removing the door card, there is a how to somewhere here.

• Like 1

Yeah i tried opening/closing both windows with the switches on their own sides. I said to the garage the odds of both the motors going at exactly the same time is highly unlikely but i dont know what it could be. The garage checked all the fuses and they are all fine, the only thing i can think is maybe the wiring/electrics are tempermental or maybe some water got into the components but that is unlikely as they have not been exposed

You can try fixing them, there is a really good guide as previously mentioned. Unless you replace the brushes then chances are the repair will only last a short while. Clean out all of the gunk and replace the brushes check your old brushes and chances are they will be down to the stubb. Replace with new ones and they should give you plenty of life. The brushes cost less than a tenner, thus saving you a few quid, the only cost to you will be a couple of hours in your garage removing the door cards and the motors, cleaning them up and fitting new brushes and putting it all back together again.